kevikov
March 22, 2017, 10:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from forza ivano

How so? Intelligent formation, patient controlled play, accurate passing with pace ,good movement and invention.not one bad performance. Just unlucky that the chances just didn't fall right.In fact it was nothing like watching England.long may it continue.

Against what i thought was a poor and very sloppy 1st half Germany, we looked ok. Nothing more. Right from the off in the 2nd half Germany changed gear, tweaked their tactics and we looked ordinary. Granted, after so many subs it is hard to maintain intensity and momentum but with Germany at their poorest we didn't score and when they upped their game we had no answer.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
moosey_club
March 22, 2017, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Mariner93er
The formation is definitely one that suits us, with walker and rose, when he's back, being strong attacking fullbacks. Alli and lallana were very impressive technically, to receive the ball in tight situations and open up space. With a better player alongside dier, it could work well, although that centre mid region is a big weakness at the minute.

with a better player than Dier i would suggest, not alongside Dier....spent quite alot of time sliding in on his @rse this evening which in international competetive level results in either yellow and red cards, free kicks or getting side stepped and made to look stupid.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
jimgtfc
March 23, 2017, 9:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,073
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I seem to remember hearing the same thing about our prospects for 2002.

Very true, hopefully the fact that Gareth Southgate knows a lot of the lads from his U21 days will help him develop them as a team.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
St. Pauli
March 23, 2017, 9:53am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
Lu-Lu.Lu-Lukas Podolski !!!!!

What a final for an incredible international career for Germany !!!   130 caps 49 goals  ! World Champion !

A living legend, now off to entertain the Japanese for a while !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2017, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from St. Pauli
Lu-Lu.Lu-Lukas Podolski !!!!!

What a final for an incredible international career for Germany !!!   130 caps 49 goals  ! World Champion !

A living legend, now off to entertain the Japanese for a while !

Enjoy the Saki & Geishas Lukas!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
jock dock tower
March 23, 2017, 10:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
England are obviously work in progress, and like most things in football managing expectation is probably just as important as the end result. If Southgate is to exceed he has to be given time.

As a keen non England fan watching last night I can agree about the way the team worked as a team not as individuals, but what I did think strange was the fact that the German goalkeeper didn't have a single shot to save in the second half, and that when England went a goal down with 20 minutes to go there was no real attempt to try and get the goal back. I know it was only a friendly, but accepting the plaudits this morning it would have been much better for them had they managed to get a draw over there by a spirited fightback?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
Maringer
March 23, 2017, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
I think a lot of the failure to threaten near the end will have been to do with the endless changes which always occur in the latter stages of friendly matches. Doesn't give the team enough time to bed down and create much of a threat - I agree about the lack of urgency, though. Lots of side to side and backwards passing in the last few minutes rather than going hell for leather for an equaliser. Losing 2-0 wouldn't have been a disastrous result if we'd been pushing on for an equaliser.

Ultimately, it's a results business and getting into a habit of not losing games is a good thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2017, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Maringer
I think a lot of the failure to threaten near the end will have been to do with the endless changes which always occur in the latter stages of friendly matches. Doesn't give the team enough time to bed down and create much of a threat - I agree about the lack of urgency, though. Lots of side to side and backwards passing in the last few minutes rather than going hell for leather for an equaliser. Losing 2-0 wouldn't have been a disastrous result if we'd been pushing on for an equaliser.

Ultimately, it's a results business and getting into a habit of not losing games is a good thing.

Yeah it's interesting in that they brought on the likes of Andrei Schurrle and Thomas Muller and we brought on Lingard, Rashford, Redmond and Ward-Prowse which would suggest the England squad is a development squad. The amount of young talent is strong if it can be correctly fostered then who knows, will we ever win anything? I doubt it but we might just get some pride back after the debacles of the last few tournaments.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
mimma
March 23, 2017, 2:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Harry Kane might have made a difference had he have been fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
moosey_club
March 23, 2017, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah it's interesting in that they brought on the likes of Andrei Schurrle and Thomas Muller and we brought on Lingard, Rashford, Redmond and Ward-Prowse which would suggest the England squad is a development squad. The amount of young talent is strong if it can be correctly fostered then who knows, will we ever win anything? I doubt it but we might just get some pride back after the debacles of the last few tournaments.  

Ward Prowse looked very shaky, nerves i presume on his debut, Lingard hardly touched the ball and neither did Rashford. Redmond had a good few touches but didnt contribute a great deal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Germany Vs England     LIVE ITV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.