March 22, 2017, 9:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from kevikov
Same old same old England.

How so? Intelligent formation, patient controlled play, accurate passing with pace ,good movement and invention.not one bad performance. Just unlucky that the chances just didn't fall right.In fact it was nothing like watching England.long may it continue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
jimgtfc
March 22, 2017, 9:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Good test that, better than thrashing some remote country 5-0 or whatever. So many players under 23 in that squad, Stones, Dier, Alli, Rashford, Redmond, Ward Prowse and Lingard all with room to develop and all regulars for their PL clubs. Add the experience of Hart, Cahill and Lallana and I think we look good. Think the plan is to grow this squad for Euro 2020 and the World Cup in 2022.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
ginnywings
March 22, 2017, 10:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from forza ivano

How so? Intelligent formation, patient controlled play, accurate passing with pace ,good movement and invention.not one bad performance. Just unlucky that the chances just didn't fall right.In fact it was nothing like watching England.long may it continue.

Agreed. The most intelligent play i have seen from England for a long time. Gone is the big hoof to a target man and we have a fair bit of skill and pace in there. England were unlucky, but at this level, it's about those little moments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 22, 2017, 10:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Very pretty. Promised much but achieved nothing.

No cutting edge. No goals. No result.

Bad luck? Perhaps ................... but amazing how often Germany has good luck.

We may know a little better after Lithuania.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
HertsGTFC
March 22, 2017, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from jimgtfc
Good test that, better than thrashing some remote country 5-0 or whatever. So many players under 23 in that squad, Stones, Dier, Alli, Rashford, Redmond, Ward Prowse and Lingard all with room to develop and all regulars for their PL clubs. Add the experience of Hart, Cahill and Lallana and I think we look good. Think the plan is to grow this squad for Euro 2020 and the World Cup in 2022.

Overall we played well tonight before the changes. If the media leaves Garth alone and he gets time to take them forward then we may have a side that could achieve what we have all wanted for years, a credible tournament performance! We have a real gem in Alli god knows how far he could go.

I was not sure about Southgate but I guess where international football is concerned he's as qualified as any English manager to get the job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
moosey_club
March 22, 2017, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
nice to see an England team performance, not a collection of  "so called superstars" disappointing us. The starting 11 played as a team, looked disciplined and comfortable on the ball.

The big noticeable for me was that we lack a world class striker, our promising play didnt result in too many chances and the two golden ones we had should have been put away. A Michael Owen style striker running off the shoulder and across the line would fit the approach play but sadly we dont have one at the moment.

No doubt the big names will re-appear for the "real" game against Lithuania and i wonder how well we will play as a team then.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
HertsGTFC
March 22, 2017, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Overall we played well tonight before the changes. If the media leaves Garth alone and he gets time to take them forward then we may have a side that could achieve what we have all wanted for years, a credible tournament performance! We have a real gem in Alli god knows how far he could go.

I was not sure about Southgate but I guess where international football is concerned he's as qualified as any English manager to get the job.

Sorry forgot to add, Vardy embarrassed himself and proved what a knob rash he is with that dive in the 1st half.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
louth_in_the_south
March 22, 2017, 10:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Pleasantly surprised how we looked tonight. Looked comfortable on the ball , quicker anticipation and not like rabbits in headlights.
Second half not so good when Germany changed formation but def something to work with . Rashford looked dangerous late on .
Miss your chances though and you get punished by a screamer

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2017, 10:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jimgtfc

I seem to remember hearing the same thing about our prospects for 2002.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
Mariner93er
March 22, 2017, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
The formation is definitely one that suits us, with walker and rose, when he's back, being strong attacking fullbacks. Alli and lallana were very impressive technically, to receive the ball in tight situations and open up space. With a better player alongside dier, it could work well, although that centre mid region is a big weakness at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Germany Vs England     LIVE ITV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.