Reply: 20 - 64
Kristine
March 23, 2017, 7:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
I always follow up things up, I can't always put out what comes back like after Stevenage for instance but I will always fight the cause. At the end of the day I have no real power other than to be a pain in the backside and that I am to many!

Thank you btw!

Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Firstly, thanks for all your good work throughout the season.  Secondly, I feel that you should at least been informed at the earliest opportunity, as a courtesy.

Would you be able to write to Cheltenham Town and the Police to enquire as to the reasons for this, as well as their reasoning for blindsiding you with the announcement?

When Police and clubs do things like this, it really doesn't foster an atmosphere of goodwill and open communication, which ultimately makes the Police's job harder.  I hope you communicate this to them!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 23, 2017, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Last season quite a few of our supporters (me included ) didn't get in.

Not sure I blame the police directly. The stewards were totally over the top. An old boy (around mid 60s) got turned away because he'd had a drink after driving all the way with I think his grandson.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2017, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Last season quite a few of our supporters (me included ) didn't get in.

Not sure I blame the police directly. The stewards were totally over the top. An old boy (around mid 60s) got turned away because he'd had a drink after driving all the way with I think his grandson.

My lad (and me subsequently) got kicked out by the Police just before half time, he went to the toilet walked past a copper who was having a verbal with another couple of Town fans then another one went up behind him and they both proceeded to grab him by the scruff of the neck drag him out and then give him a lecture with his arm up his back outside. Absolute case of mistaken identity as all he was doing was going for a slash. Coppers seemed very out of their depth that night. Clearly they lacked the correct football intelligence regarding Town fans, or maybe it was just intelligence in general.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
oochiad
March 23, 2017, 9:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Yes the stewards, Police, Cheltenham Fooball Team were all totally out of order. Can't wait to go again though UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
marinernige
March 23, 2017, 9:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Six of us went last season , one of our group was stopped and refused entry by the over zealous stewards ( who seemed to be having a competition as how many Town fans they could stop from getting in) two of us ended up in the home end . My missus took issue with the police's unwillingness to intervene , when she asked the police why all the heavy hand approach , she was told that we have cause trouble everywhere we go , my missus asked where had we caused trouble ,at which the police said Halifax , when asked how many arrests had taken place at Halifax one leery copper said he didn't have any figures, so my missus put him straight that there wasn't any arrests .
Police and Stewards were a total disgrace ,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
lukeo
March 23, 2017, 9:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
What are we the fans good at here at GTFC ? Getting together and making ourselves known.

Why don't we really go to Cheltenham in numbers, rally the fans and turn it into an inflatable day (or something different)? really urine them off. Go their with a positive attitude of 'You can't stop us from supporting our club' Make some noise, have fun in the stand and have a great day out. ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
marinernige
March 23, 2017, 10:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Totally agree Lukeo , no one will ever stop me from supporting Town ,even like last season, if i need to go in the home end , i'll be in the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
marinernige
March 23, 2017, 10:07pm
Snakebite drinker
I wonder if they'll let me use my unused ticket from last season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
Cloudy
March 24, 2017, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from marinernige
Six of us went last season , one of our group was stopped and refused entry by the over zealous stewards ( who seemed to be having a competition as how many Town fans they could stop from getting in) two of us ended up in the home end . My missus took issue with the police's unwillingness to intervene , when she asked the police why all the heavy hand approach , she was told that we have cause trouble everywhere we go , my missus asked where had we caused trouble ,at which the police said Halifax , when asked how many arrests had taken place at Halifax one leery copper said he didn't have any figures, so my missus put him straight that there wasn't any arrests .
Police and Stewards were a total disgrace ,

and we know where this (mis)information comes from don't we?

Beware the enemy within!!!

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CHELTENHAM TOWN MOVED TO 1PM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.