Peeler_Crab
March 22, 2017, 4:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Abdul19
I hope the stadium has a massive ramp at either end and some sick graffiti in the bogs.

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
MuddyWaters
March 22, 2017, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MrFisherman
Typical Town fans they knock everything the club does and then pick the bones out of it

So a company with no experience is fronting up a new stadium project with an architect that hasn't designed one before and there's no reason to be even slightly cautious?

I'm all for the club having a new stadium but wish I was a little bit more informed about how Extreme are going to deliver it - it would be quite nice to hear from them at some point!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
moosey_club
March 22, 2017, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from psgmariner
I would like to know more about Phoenix Taylor. I hope she and the other Angels are involved. Perhaps she could work one of the bars.

http://www.extremesportscompany.com/extreme-all-athletes.html

No...no..no...no...no.......PSG........your views are just typical male sexist and chauvanistic, instantly thinking of females as "bar staff" is embarrassing in this day and age, show some respect and consider sexual and equal opportunity. As you are a local businessman i am disappointed that this is what springs to your mind...... for instance i think they would be better suited to being ball girls.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
moosey_club
March 22, 2017, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Abdul19
I hope the stadium has a massive ramp at either end and some sick graffiti in the bogs.

i prefer my graffiti applied with traditional spray paint but whatever tickles your artistic tendencies

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2017, 6:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mirrorballman
I think the OP makes a fair point. It's alright to say that Extreme will get the right people in but they have already appointed an architect, FDG, with no stadium design experience. What next?
I want to see the stadium built but I think the attitude of "it's been 30.years, let them get on with it" is a dangerous one. Extreme are in this to maximise their profit-nothing wrong with that. However, it's up to us via the club and the trust to ensure that we get what we want too, a great stadium for the next 100 years.

Spot on Mirrorballman. I don't think it's being negative to ask questions about the attributes of a firm who will be major partners for making the new stadium happen. As Extreme and their architects have no track record in this arena (pun intended) you have to wonder if there is knowledge that they lack that might lead to problems later on.

That's not to say a competent developer and architect couldn't do it, but all things being equal, do you pick (a) the candidate with directly relevant experience; or (b) the candidate without?

Sometimes a candidate comes along that has other attributes that more than make up for the lack of experience and they bring something extra, and that might be the case here. They certainly don't appear to be out of the usual property development mould.

And sometimes, there might be no one else willing to take it on, or the field to choose from is very limited.

The scope of Extreme's involvement in this case seems very broad. Not only have they a multiuse development in a sensitive environment (political, social, economic, errr..... environmental), but it now looks as though there are several other potential enabling developments on sites throughout NE Lincs. That's a lot of property transactions, a lot of schemes to develop and plan for possibly different types of use, a lot of planning applications, a lot of finance to co-ordinate, find, enable. I hope they've got a good team of advisers and a clever strategy that allows each to progress in its own way at its own pace without jeopardising the whole, whilst ensuring the enabling finance for what we all want.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
forza ivano
March 22, 2017, 11:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
I understand the concern, but how do you know that the people within the company who are actually dealing with this, or that the actual architect, don't have the relevant experience? They may well have hired in people with precisely that background.
As an example.i deal with mears, who as you may know are a huge maintenance company.they have now started to also build build new homes, albeit  on a small scale. They don't have any experience as a compan of doing that,but the people involved in the new homes division are top quality individuals who have years of experience in house building
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2017, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
I understand the concern, but how do you know that the people within the company who are actually dealing with this, or that the actual architect, don't have the relevant experience? They may well have hired in people with precisely that background.
As an example.i deal with mears, who as you may know are a huge maintenance company.they have now started to also build build new homes, albeit  on a small scale. They don't have any experience as a compan of doing that,but the people involved in the new homes division are top quality individuals who have years of experience in house building

We don't and they may have. And it's such an obvious question that can be anticipated and dealt with easily. As you have just done with Mears.

(PS I'm always wary of builders who are suddenly maintenance companies, who suddenly become builders, depending on the trade cycle, or the other way round   )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
arryarryarry
March 23, 2017, 3:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete
They are not going to build the Stadium themselves,

They will contract out the work to  an experienced Building firm ,

Stop worrying.

I understand the building firm has already been chosen, it's run by a bloke called Bob and my contact said that he will have no problem fixing it.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
easypeersy
March 23, 2017, 3:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from crusty ole pie
With mr.f. Well known for wanting value for money I wonder if digging the footings of the new stadium will be incorporated into pre season training

I'll dig the flipping footings with a cocktail stick if it makes this get underway any quicker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
heppy88
March 23, 2017, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mimma
Extreme won't be building anything. They will be the landlords. Other building firms will do the designing and building.

Extreme will sell the houses through estate agencies and run the ice rink.

Town will rent the land and be responsible for designing and building tthe stadium through architects and builders of their own.

We pay a peppercorn rent on a 99 year lease.

The beauty of this scheme is we don't  have to buy the land as we would have done at Great Coates.

To get the money to fund it they will have to convinced the banks that it is viable. They will not lend money without proper checks into the viability of the whole scheme.

Fenty said that the club would own the stadium.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › EXTREME Leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.