Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Loan Players - 8 games left Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Loan Players - 8 games left  This thread currently has 4,850 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
March 20, 2017, 11:24am Report to Moderator
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.11
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +1,925
Quoted from The Old Codger

If it were Pearson missing a game I'd go with Boyce but Gunning being left footed makes him a more natural replacement for Collins.

Yes I agree with this, better balance.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Mariner_09
March 20, 2017, 11:36am Report to Moderator

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.75
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +-995
Agree, I'd give Gunning a go in his natural position and on his natural side. I'd also play Vose in his natural position for a few weeks which I think is just off the striker.

6 attempts, 2 play off semi defeats, 1 play off final defeat, 2 awful refereeing decisions, 1 glory day!

Thank You Hursty

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
Tommy
March 20, 2017, 11:41am Report to Moderator

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.67
Rep Score: +54 / -14
Approval: +2,920
I don't think Boyce or Gowling are good enough for this level.

And despite some people's early dislike of Gunning, he hasn't had a run in his proper position yet. So don't think he can be properly judged yet.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Garth
March 20, 2017, 11:56am Report to Moderator

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.85
Rep Score: +50 / -8
Approval: +3,303
Quoted from Tommy
I don't think Boyce or Gowling are good enough for this level.

And despite some people's early dislike of Gunning, he hasn't had a run in his proper position yet. So don't think he can be properly judged yet.

Thats cos your not as good a judge as me  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
HertsGTFC
March 20, 2017, 12:07pm Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.62
Rep Score: +16 / -5
Approval: +4,946
We've signed Gunning until the end of the season to have an extended look at him and see if he can behave himself and intergrade into the squad, I like Andy Boyce as he just seems to get on with it but we know what he is capable of so in my mind we need to get Gunning involved as much as possible otherwise the money we have paid him from Jan - June will be wasted.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
immariner
March 20, 2017, 1:12pm Report to Moderator
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +575
Davies is definitely signed up for next season and I thought Collins had signed an 18 month contract around Christmas.

Edit:
Ah yeah, says one year on his player profile on the OS. I remember reading that he'd signed on a two year deal and never seeing it mentioned since. Possibly means it's a one year deal with an option for a second based on appearances,  perhaps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Mariner_09
March 20, 2017, 1:46pm Report to Moderator

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.75
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +-995
I'm sure Davies is on a one year deal. When he signed the OS stated a 2 year deal but soon corrected it to a one year deal minutes later.

6 attempts, 2 play off semi defeats, 1 play off final defeat, 2 awful refereeing decisions, 1 glory day!

Thank You Hursty

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
oldun
March 20, 2017, 2:46pm Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.63
Rep Score: +53 / -5
Approval: +2,468
It will be interesting to see what our Director of Recruitment comes up with. Over to you Mr Wilde.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
golfer
March 20, 2017, 6:56pm Report to Moderator
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.98
Rep Score: +23 / -8
Approval: +307
Quoted from Garth
[/b]

Thats cos your not as good a judge as me  

At least Judge Rinder can dance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
ginnywings
March 20, 2017, 7:43pm Report to Moderator

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.57
Rep Score: +73 / -23
Approval: +17,098
Quoted from Mariner_09
Agree, I'd give Gunning a go in his natural position and on his natural side. I'd also play Vose in his natural position for a few weeks which I think is just off the striker.

How can that be his natural position? Both Wrexham and ourselves under 2 different managers have played him on the left.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Loan Players - 8 games left

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.