Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Loan Players - 8 games left Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The Loan Players - 8 games left  This thread currently has 4,525 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
The Old Codger
March 19, 2017, 10:46am Report to Moderator
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.18
Rep Score: +40 / -18
Approval: +8,135
Quoted from Mariner_09
McKeown
Mills
Pearson
Collins
Boyce
Andrew
Bolarinwa
Browne
McAllister
Clements
Osborne
Vose
S. Jones
Asante
Yussuf
Vernon

In an ideal world those are the players we need to start next season. That's 16 players, means we only need to sign 6. It also means that we need to ship out Summerfield and Berrett. We need an athletic centre half and a physical midfielder along with a league lightning quick striker and two solid full backs for either side. I'd also want a genuine left sided winger as well.

Replace Boyce with Mad Gav and a first choice goalkeeper please!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Bigdog
March 19, 2017, 10:52am Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +23 / -0
Approval: +2,287
A bit of guesswork here..

McKeown - Need another keeper even if he stays, if not we'll need two
Mills - Done well to a point, but we'll need another right back
Pearson - New contract, needs a pacy partner or two
Collins - Showing signs of his age, could be a risky contract to offer, would prefer to source another CB
Boyce - Don't rate him, offload and replace with better
Andrew - Sign him up for three years
Bolarinwa - Keep and develop (hopefully)
Browne - See how he goes pre-season
McAllister - Who knows, he hasn't played, can see him being offloaded
Chambers - Will he be on his way, I would keep
Clements - Will be kept, new signing
Osborne - Will be kept, new signing
Vose - Would like to sign
S. Jones - Will be kept, new signing
Asante - Will be kept, new signing
Yussuf - Will be kept, new signing
Vernon - Offload look for better with potential
Comley - Hopefully sign him up
Berrett - Offload
Summerfield - Offload
Disley - Thanks for everything and good luck
Gowling - Thanks for everything and good luck
D. Jones - Keep and develop or offload
Dyson - Bags of potential, sign and develop?
Maxwell - Hard to say yet
Gunning - New contract and get a good pre-season behind him
Davies - Thanks and good luck
Venney, Wright and Clifton - Good pre-seasons, first team squad, if not loan out for further development

That leaves us with quite a bit of work to do over the summer transfer window, if we have the budget. Nowhere near the task of last summer, but still busy enough to be exciting. A keeper or two, a right back, two centre halves, a centre mid, wide options and one or two forwards.

If we're looking to sign the current loanees, then they should be playing. If we're looking to offer new contracts, then they should be playing. What I don't get, dare I say it, is why Dis should be playing instead of having a good look at Luke Maxwell? Maybe Dan Jones should be given a run of games. The season's gone and it serves no purpose playing players that are most likely not going to be around next season. Are we looking to sign Dyson? If not, why is he playing instead of Yussuf and Asante?

From the outside it's hard to answer these questions, only the manager will know who figures in his plans for next season and who is willing to sign. We'll have to be patient until the end of the season, but I've got a feeling that the transfer window in the summer will be a lot more interesting than we think..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
HertsGTFC
March 19, 2017, 10:54am Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.87
Rep Score: +16 / -5
Approval: +4,918
Quoted from The Old Codger

Replace Boyce with Mad Gav and a first choice goalkeeper please!

Though I am not convinced that Boyce is the answer I think Gunning still has a bit to prove, though he did show what he can do before going off versus Wycombe. I also feel there is a strong chance we will be looking for 2 keepers in the Summer. Listening to Marcus it sounds like Clifton, Venney & Dan Jones will get another chance which will be good to see,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
ginnywings
March 19, 2017, 11:42am Report to Moderator

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.61
Rep Score: +73 / -23
Approval: +16,600
Pretty much in agreement with Bigdog.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Grimbiggs
March 19, 2017, 3:13pm Report to Moderator
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +3 / -0
Approval: +222
Clifton, Venney & Dan Jones, together with some of the other youths....don't know what the loan situation is like for the first two, but over the final few games of the season, it surely can't hurt, in at least giving them some game time in league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
jonnyboy82
March 19, 2017, 4:07pm Report to Moderator

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.17
Rep Score: +64 / -34
Approval: +2,315
Are the loan players better than what we already had ? Not really IMO and the only one I think is worth considering is vose but I'm not sure why so many think he will probably sign for us as he hasn't exactly figured alot although I know injury has played it's part.

DID SOMEONE SAY  L E A G U E 2

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
The Old Codger
March 19, 2017, 4:35pm Report to Moderator
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Are the loan players better than what we already had ? Not really IMO and the only one I think is worth considering is vose but I'm not sure why so many think he will probably sign for us as he hasn't exactly figured alot although I know injury has played it's part.

Well the only loan player Marcus signed and is playing is Dyson and, no, he's not better than Bogle. PH signed Vose & Comley and the rest have gone haven't they?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
grimreaper
March 19, 2017, 4:56pm Report to Moderator
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +39
Quoted from The Old Codger

Well the only loan player Marcus signed and is playing is Dyson and, no, he's not better than Bogle. PH signed Vose & Comley and the rest have gone haven't they?

Marcus is playing DYSON because he is a loan player from Everton. Dyson has not preformed for the last 4 games. ASANTE needs a run in the team the less games he plays the longer it will take to get him match fit. Players like him need a run in the team, not coming on as a sub.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
golfer
March 19, 2017, 5:07pm Report to Moderator
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Rep Score: +22 / -7
Approval: +491
I don't think any of the loan players have much to offer us except Vose. I would keep him if somebody could give him a kick up the arrse, the others I don't think they are worth a kick up the arrse They might run about a lot but don't really achieve anything so what's the point of trying to keep them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
The Old Codger
March 19, 2017, 5:32pm Report to Moderator
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimreaper

Marcus is playing DYSON because he is a loan player from Everton. Dyson has not preformed for the last 4 games. ASANTE needs a run in the team the less games he plays the longer it will take to get him match fit. Players like him need a run in the team, not coming on as a sub.

I totally agree. Marcus only signed him because Omar went which he openly admitted.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Loan Players - 8 games left

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.