7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2017, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Today we put pay to any vaguely optimistic hope of scraping 7th place and getting into the play offs. We also started with three loan players and one on the bench all of whom have added something during their time with the club but I imagine will not be here next season..

So with 8 games to go do we start to edge them out and pick "signed" players ideally in their natural position who will be with us next term as it might help momentum for next season.  

This came up in the car on the way home and completely divided opinion.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
March 18, 2017, 9:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
I think there's definitely an argument for this.

However,

1) there are people we'll no doubt want to sign for next season (Andrew, Collins, Pearson) who we probably won't know if they'll stay or not until the summer.

2) it's still a results game even if we can't achieve anything now. MB won't want to lose the last 7/8 games of the season for the sake of playing players that are contracted here next season, so it'll make sense to still play some of the loan players that improve us.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
IlkleyMariner
March 18, 2017, 9:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Assuming there is no penalty, either formal or informal we should let Maxwell go unless he is down to join us next year.

Don't think Dyson is a long term option, so long as it doesn't disturb Everton let him go.

Same for Comeley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Youngy
March 18, 2017, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Today we put pay to any vaguely optimistic hope of scraping 7th place and getting into the play offs. We also started with three loan players and one on the bench all of whom have added something during their time with the club but I imagine will not be here next season..

So with 8 games to go do we start to edge them out and pick "signed" players ideally in their natural position who will be with us next term as it might help momentum for next season.  

This came up in the car on the way home and completely divided opinion.

Completly agree, got to start looking at who realistically will be with us next season and move forward with them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
Tommy
March 18, 2017, 10:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Contracted to us beyond this season are:

McKeown

Mills, Boyce.

Berrett, Clements, S.Jones, McAllister, Osborne, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Browne.

Asante, Vernon, Yussuf.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2017, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I've heard it's possible that Dom Vose might be here next year so I'd stick with him but play our signed strikers as opposed to Dyson.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2017, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I've heard it's possible that Dom Vose might be here next year so I'd stick with him but play our signed strikers as opposed to Dyson.

I hope we get to keep Vose, I reckon we need to get Shaun and the Danny's signed up pretty quickly as well before the end of the season TBH. When we talked about it after the game I thought that if nothing else Asante should get a run.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Youngy
March 18, 2017, 11:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Tommy
Contracted to us beyond this season are:

McKeown

Mills, Boyce.

Berrett, Clements, S.Jones, McAllister, Osborne, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Browne.

Asante, Vernon, Yussuf.

I think he will be activtly seeking to offload Berrett, McAllister and Summerfield (Macc have got the option to sign I believe).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
ginnywings
March 18, 2017, 11:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I don't think Scunny will want Vose back, so i think there is a good chance he will be here next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Mariner_09
March 19, 2017, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
McKeown
Mills
Pearson
Collins
Boyce
Andrew
Bolarinwa
Browne
McAllister
Clements
Osborne
Vose
S. Jones
Asante
Yussuf
Vernon

In an ideal world those are the players we need to start next season. That's 16 players, means we only need to sign 6. It also means that we need to ship out Summerfield and Berrett. We need an athletic centre half and a physical midfielder along with a league lightning quick striker and two solid full backs for either side. I'd also want a genuine left sided winger as well.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Loan Players - 8 games left

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.