This thread currently has 8,606 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
March 18, 2017, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Another shocking 90 minutes in Bignots reign.  Shocking starting formation and the poor players look completely deflated and bemused by the whole situation.  Crowds dropping all the time, and fortress BP, you could hear a pin drop today.  The whole set up is flat, and the reality is that the situation will not get any better with MB in charge.  Now that we are practically safe, why not get a new man in now to take charge for the rest of this season, and assess  the squad going into the summer. If we keep with this pound shop mentality when recruiting managers we will surely head back to the National League.  How many people are eager to renew their season ticket with MB in charge ????

MB isn't working at Town, his approach will never work, give somebody else a chance.   Red crosses by the tonne no doubt for me, but I along with many others are sick of watching pure dross at BP recently, and then listening to the worst excuses by the manager I have ever heard of.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2017, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Another shocking 90 minutes in Bignots reign.  Shocking starting formation and the poor players look completely deflated and bemused by the whole situation.  Crowds dropping all the time, and fortress BP, you could hear a pin drop today.  The whole set up is flat, and the reality is that the situation will not get any better with MB in charge.  Now that we are practically safe, why not get a new man in now to take charge for the rest of this season, and assess  the squad going into the summer. If we keep with this pound shop mentality when recruiting managers we will surely head back to the National League.  How many people are eager to renew their season ticket with MB in charge ????

MB isn't working at Town, his approach will never work, give somebody else a chance.   Red crosses by the tonne no doubt for me, but I along with many others are sick of watching pure dross at BP recently, and then listening to the worst excuses by the manager I have ever heard of.

UTM

Well that's a bit weird for me - our home form is improving and I'm sure Hurst was manager when we lost at home to Cheltenham, Orient and Hartlepool who are three of the bottom 5.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
Bristol Mariner
March 18, 2017, 9:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Go watch Clee then.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
A.l.f.
March 18, 2017, 9:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Not a good game but 'another shocking 90 minutes' ? -  thought we played some nice stuff in patches before and after our goal.
Second half is best forgotten, however too many individual errors and too much giving the ball away and not going forward enough for me, when in good positions.  Is that all MB's fault - no it isn't.
Lots of room for improvement and lets see how things develop before constantly calling the manager.  I get bored how the managers take so much stick and blame from all clubs and players escape much of it.  Tony Pullis put things in perspective today when discussing Arsene Wenger, saying that Arsenal have been top 4 for the last umpteen years and in an FA Cup Semi-final.  Lots of clubs would love that.  I fear fans have become too impatient as its unrealistic to win almost every match.
Its all about next season now, so lets hope we get better and then with a few additions and a good pre-season see where
We are before making realistic judgements.
I am a Grimsby Town 'supporter' and will be at Accrington next Saturday as it sure beats places like Histon, Boreham Wood and Braintree and i am ok with where we are at present - a football league club. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
promotion plaice
March 18, 2017, 9:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188
Another shocking 90 minutes in Bignots reign.  Shocking starting formation and the poor players look completely deflated and bemused by the whole situation.  Crowds dropping all the time, and fortress BP, you could hear a pin drop today.  The whole set up is flat, and the reality is that the situation will not get any better with MB in charge.  Now that we are practically safe, why not get a new man in now to take charge for the rest of this season, and assess  the squad going into the summer. If we keep with this pound shop mentality when recruiting managers we will surely head back to the National League. How many people are eager to renew their season ticket with MB in charge ????

UTM

Well I would be happy to renew my season ticket with MB in charge.

In reality we are committed to giving MB a chance next season end of.

I agree with the pound shop bit though.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
Tommy
March 18, 2017, 9:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,850
Gold Stars: 76
Sack the manager after 4 months of midtable form?

Is that the type of club you want us to become?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2017, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217

UTM

Utter bollox from a complete WUM.

And.........I'll be getting a season ticket again with my dad on the day they go on sale.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2017, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Utter bollox from a complete WUM.

And.........I'll be getting a season ticket again with my dad on the day they go on sale.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
Vance Warner
March 18, 2017, 9:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99

UTM

"It's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
ginnywings
March 18, 2017, 11:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Think you need to go and do something else on a Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Awful Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.