MuddyWaters
March 19, 2017, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from heppy88
To be honest I have some sympathy for sentiment of the OP and dicko995. From the outset, I don’t believe MB should be sacked and as others have said, he should be given until at least until the new year.
But, the game yesterday, in the main, was awful.
Apart for 10 minutes either side of our goal we appeared no better than Crawley and they were one of the worst sides at BP this season.
Collins looked exasperated and out of sorts, shouting at the other players out of frustration. In hindsight, his sending off looked inevitable.
IMO, we have regressed. Being midtable should not be an excuse for lack of motivation and poor performances. The players should be motivated to perform whatever league position we are in. Admission charges don’t fluctuate with league position, so neither should the player’s effort.
As bigdog posted on another thread, makes you wonder what the floating 1-2000 fans are making of all this and if it will put off some of the younger supporters? and before some of you tell them to urine off, as they can’t be true supporters, bums on seats equals money, bums on seats equals the future of this club.

Maybe the younger supporters have got too used to us being the big fish in a little pond and expect us to win every week. Maybe they should also consider how big a deal it is to change your squad and lose your leading scorer mid-season and put in to context what benefits it might bring in the future rather than the short term effect. Maybe a large number of fans are just happy to be back in the league and are willing to watch the team develop under a more positive and progressive manager.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Mrs Doyle
March 19, 2017, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
No way should Bignot be sacked but it is very worrying how disjointed the team is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
sydney
March 19, 2017, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
I thought in spells we looked better yesterday
Midfield had some bite and we where winning more second balls
That Back Four and a midfield to choose of diz vose Osborne jones etc is something to build on
But as posted before I am far from convinced by What MB is thinking and imparting to the players
Yesterday was a must win for any last remaining hopes of playoffs and we let a poor side off the hook and nearly beat us in the end
One of the pleasures of the pontoon is second half and watching Town push forward and threaten the goal
This happened Very little yesterday in the second half which sums up how the game fell away
Sad that a season so full of promise has petered out to this frustration
Who says it will be any better after 10-12 games next season
I really hope so
Come on Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
forza ivano
March 19, 2017, 10:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from dicko995
Don't know why the titl holder on here gets lots of red crosses, maybe the truth hurts. MB talks the talk, and walks the walk, well maybe its time he stopped the talk and do the walking. Not impressed at all by his tactics, rotating the team all the time, it was boring today,as other games have been. Since Omar left, there doesn't seem to be anywhere a goal will come from. I don't enjoy what is going on, and don't relate to the team anymore,it just seems the players don't enjoy the plan set out by MB, if there was one in the first place. Getting very tired of the usual interviews with the accolade of the fan praise etc, and wanting to do extra time in training, it just doesn't wash with me. And before you all red cross me, look at the stats from when he came here and what the point situation is, not impressive, a couple of great away wins, and that's it. I was one of the followers when he came here, he really impressed me and I thought, Wow, good times ahead. Not any more, we are in disarray, I watch and watch, and I don't see any progress, we have lost our attack,and I think our confidence. So, where do we go from here, yes, you will all say, stick with him, we are secure in the league, and next season will be better. We will still have the same players, maybe a few less, as some are tied to the end of this season. Then...more signings. We have a lot of players and a lot of expense being paid each week, and dread to think if the books are being balanced. Will be glad to see the season finished, and don't hold any hope or excitement for next season.I am sad for our future with MB at the realm.

As I said before Dicko by name, Dicko by nature. Disarray? Newport, Leyton orient, Coventry, Rotherham are clubs in disarray.we are comfortably mid table, having sold our leading goalscorer mid season and losing a potentially top class keeper at the same time.
His stats btw are played 24 won 8 drawn 6 so 30 points , which is about 58 points over the season, again comfortably mid table. Bu, hey, don't let  the facts get in the way of your prejudices
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 19, 2017, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,646
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano

As I said before Dicko by name, Dicko by nature. Disarray? Newport, Leyton orient, Coventry, Rotherham are clubs in disarray.we are comfortably mid table, having sold our leading goalscorer mid season and losing a potentially top class keeper at the same time.
His stats btw are played 24 won 8 drawn 6 so 30 points , which is about 58 points over the season, again comfortably mid table. Bu, hey, don't let  the facts get in the way of your prejudices

The 58 point stat is a funny one it could indeed give us mid table safety but also could mean we are crapping ourselves for much of the season.............. I am sure we will pass that well before the last day though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
TheCodfather1966
March 19, 2017, 1:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Spoy on Andrew Doherty, his article summed up the Crawley game perfectly.  Incidentally a game that MB was very happy with and said that the fans can now see how we are trying to play ????????????????????  Yes indeed, pure crap, that is how we are trying to play.  Most fans with half a brain cell can see this as well, a few on here not so lucky.............

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
grimsby pete
March 19, 2017, 2:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Why do some posters want to sack the manager every time we do not win ?

We could go through the season with 5 or 6 new managers at least what good would that do ?

Lets wait until next season and he has got a few more of his own players in and see what a settled team can do,

I  sat on the fence for years about Hurst before finally deciding he would never take us up, ( oops )

So to give any new manager at least a year is only fair imo,

We are not the only team that does not play brilliant every week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
MuddyWaters
March 19, 2017, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Spoy on Andrew Doherty, his article summed up the Crawley game perfectly.  Incidentally a game that MB was very happy with and said that the fans can now see how we are trying to play ????????????????????  Yes indeed, pure crap, that is how we are trying to play.  Most fans with half a brain cell can see this as well, a few on here not so lucky.............

UTM

Is your half a brain cell lonely? Try Match.com and see if you can find the other half.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
TAGG
March 19, 2017, 4:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is your half a brain cell lonely? Try Match.com and see if you can find the other half.

Have you calmed down yet Mrs Bignot 😂

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
jonnyboy82
March 19, 2017, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Although I think the original post is a bit OTT he has some points which get pulled apart because unless you are making a point which doesn't simply involve "everyone should be happy we are football league" or in the slightest seeming to be critical of Marcus at the minute or having an opinion in which sees to be negative and the fishy police don't approve then this week it's not allowed.

Next week will be ok though, it's the fishy.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Awful Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.