Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you be at Wembley supporting Cleethorpes ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 417 Guests

Will you be at Wembley supporting Cleethorpes Town
Yes (37 votes)
23.42%
No (86 votes)
54.43%
Not sure yet (35 votes)
22.15%
158 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will you be at Wembley supporting Cleethorpes ?

This thread currently has 7,837 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 20, 2017, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Hope they win and all involved have a brilliant day, I won't be there.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
Grim74
March 20, 2017, 11:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I will be up! Just need to know which colour do we play in?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
Hagrid
March 20, 2017, 11:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
have relatives from south shields who are going so i am going down there but in the cleethorpes block, cant whinge for a quid   as long as noone checks the age!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
lobsterpot
March 20, 2017, 5:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I wish Clee Town nothing but the best for their final but i won't be going or supporting them at any point. My gripe is the way they go about trying to get support in. It started off well. Come and watch us if youre not going to watch town away. Bring your GTFC season ticket for a discount etc. But in the past few months on facebook ive seen certain members of the backroom staff at various levels statusing things like " Town are playing at Stevenage, they wont take many fans so why not come and watch us instead? " and last week " After GTFC's result at Portsmouth, come and watch us on Saturday instead of them. Maybe this kind of thing just bothers me and no one else. I wouldve gone to watch them now and again but basically saying town are doing excrement and theyre doing well isnt the way to go about doing things. If any of the Clee lads are on here reading, i know a couple of you post, please dont take this the wrong way. Like i said i hope you win ar Wembley, win the league, carry on with the good work etc just take on board what ive said as i'm an average Joe town fan that doesnt need to read stuff like that leaving a sour taste. UTM & UTO

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
Patto1965
March 20, 2017, 9:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +99
Lobsterpot
Were did you see these posts?

Our remit is to encourage the fans that do not travel  to away games to come along and get there football fix at bradley.
We do not want to create a split between the two clubs merely try to encourage a joint friendship.
GTFC is number one club in this area and always will be. We just want to be the next big club after them.
Obviously we want as many fans supporting us especially at wembley but realise fans are very loyal to GTFC.
South shields have sold there initial 6k allocation and by all accounts its newcadtle n sunderland fans well there never gonna get to wembley for a while.
We would love as many GTFC fans supporting us and helping us create a great atmosohere for the lads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
promotion plaice
March 20, 2017, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Patto1965
Lobsterpot

Our remit is to encourage the fans that do not travel  to away games to come along and get there football fix at bradley.
We do not want to create a split between the two clubs merely try to encourage a joint friendship.
GTFC is number one club in this area and always will be. We just want to be the next big club after them.
Obviously we want as many fans supporting us especially at wembley but realise fans are very loyal to GTFC.
South shields have sold there initial 6k allocation and by all accounts its newcadtle n sunderland fans well there never gonna get to wembley for a while.
We would love as many GTFC fans supporting us and helping us create a great atmosohere for the lads.

How many tickets have you sold so far Patto1965, genuine question ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
Patto1965
March 20, 2017, 10:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +99
Quoted from promotion plaice

How many tickets have you sold so far Patto1965, genuine question ?

I honestly dont know at this early stage. Just seen that wembley have opened sales to south shields in the upper tier  and quotes on there social.media that they have sold out.
I personally would be delighted to sell out our initial allocation. That would be some achievment.
South shields average attendance is over 1500 and the vase they have had 3500 attend games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
BackHeelTony
March 20, 2017, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
I'll be there for my yearly wembley fix!

Congratulations Patto1965 and all involved at Clee Town

No reason why we can't support both!

UTO & UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Caesar
March 20, 2017, 10:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
As a London based exile I was thinking of going to non league finals day anyway as a neutral so will definitely go in the Cleethorpes section.  There will always be on team I care about but that doesn't prevent me backing other clubs who are not conflicting with Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
AndyDarloFC
March 21, 2017, 1:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Patto1965
Lobsterpot

Shields will take 15,000 easy. A lot of deluded Newcastle/Sunderland fans who will be there. So please do Shields over and bring them back down to earth with a bang. Much appreciated.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you be at Wembley supporting Cleethorpes ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.