Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Thoughts on Bignot? Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Thoughts on Bignot?  This thread currently has 9,705 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
March 19, 2017, 10:06am Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.65
Rep Score: +52 / -4
Approval: +2,325
I seem to remember the Hurst out banner on the fly over, a few weeks before we achieved promotion. Things can turn fairly quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
A.l.f.
March 19, 2017, 10:17am Report to Moderator

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +273
Quoted from mariner83

After reading that - i think we would all be wise to give him time as it sounds like once the players get it right on the field as to what he wants, we will all see that patience pays off.
We have a few games to grasp it before next season - lets hope  that exciting football is around the corner, as its clear that MB wants to be a winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
forza ivano
March 19, 2017, 10:29am Report to Moderator

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.66
Rep Score: +63 / -14
Approval: +1,693
Very interesting article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
oldun
March 19, 2017, 10:40am Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.65
Rep Score: +52 / -4
Approval: +2,325
Rarely is instant success achieved. Non of the players Marcus has brought in have league experience, and probably more will arrive in the summer, so unlikely to be instant hits. However, his philosophy and skill seems to be developing players and in this respect he has a good record. Can he do that under pressure from fans hungry for success? That is the question. I think most fans can see potential in all these players, so we may have to live with another season of uncertainty before assessing whether the plan is working. This may be a two or three year project. Some will not like and want results earlier but if you are building something you cannot stop at the foundation stage. It may be helpful if Marcus and the club clarify what the project looks like, what we are trying to build and in what time scale so expectations are realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
HertsGTFC
March 19, 2017, 10:48am Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.59
Rep Score: +16 / -4
Approval: +4,780
Quoted from The Old Codger

Read it again this morning, he seems like a man with a plan. There was a 10 minute spell yesterday when the movement off the ball was quite sublime.

And that was with 2 CMs in wide positions, if we can develop Bolarinwa's game or sign 2 wide players with decent 1st touches and the ability to get the ball into the box we will be on track I reckon.

We have the makings of a good squad and for the first time in ages after the sale of Omar no doubt still some funds to add to it in the summer, add to that a manager who knows how to build things actually that's not a bad scenario for a club that has just come up after 6 years in tin pot.  

Clearly a lot of work to do on firstly retaining the quality that's out of contract, engineering departures and adding the right talent but I am sure Marcus, Mickey and Gary Whilde have a plan for that as wel and will have already started on it..

Take the last 4 seasons we have been in a league where Newport, Mansfield, Cambridge, Luton, Barnet, Brizzle, Cheltenham and ourselves have come up Brizzle have progressed with a bucket of Arab money but the rest are still in L2. Luton could go up Newport are doomed and Cheltenham still need to be careful so I reckon that proves unless something substantial changes at your club it takes a few seasons to come up and become truly competitive.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
headingly_mariner
March 19, 2017, 12:04pm Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +26 / -15
Approval: +2,160
Quoted from The Old Codger

Ultimately MB will achieve success if the board and the fans back him in the way he wants. This unrealistic attitude of expecting us to win every week needs to be dampened down by understanding how far the club had fallen behind off the field as well as on it.

He might not. I don't think anyone expects us to win every week, I just think there is some concern over the performances. I'm not convinced he will be a success.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
forza ivano
March 19, 2017, 12:25pm Report to Moderator

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.66
Rep Score: +63 / -14
Approval: +1,693
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He might not. I don't think anyone expects us to win every week, I just think there is some concern over the performances. I'm not convinced he will be a success.

I can understand that headingly, which is where oldun makes a very good point. Mb could do himself a lot of good by explaining his plan and what he is trying to achieve and how he's going about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
The Old Codger
March 19, 2017, 12:40pm Report to Moderator
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +39 / -18
Approval: +7,336
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Understand you HM - I just think that there are many who are 'over expecting'. We just got out of the morass that is the Conference, Cheltenham cruised out and are now fighting relegation - we ought to be thankful that isn't us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
grimsby pete
March 19, 2017, 12:52pm Report to Moderator

Exile
Posts Per Day: 11.36
Rep Score: +111 / -22
Approval: +7,439
When we first appointed Alan Buckley his  first season was average,

Then we took off and ended up in the now championship,

I feel under Marcus we just might see the same,

If we all only had a little patience .

Black and White forever       62 years following the town.   Proud to be a codhead.    

30 years living in suffolk but always a mariner .             < * )))))) > <

JOIN THE TRUST
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 111
psgmariner
March 19, 2017, 1:33pm Report to Moderator

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.52
Rep Score: +37 / -12
Approval: +2,759
Quoted from mariner83

Thanks posting, it's an interesting read despite one of the worst openers I have ever read!

THESE days, Karen Carney is an international star of women’s football, capped more than 100 times for England with more trophies than a branch of Timpsons.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Thoughts on Bignot?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.