Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Thoughts on Bignot?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

Thoughts on Bignot?

This thread currently has 21,009 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Gabriel
March 16, 2017, 6:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +20
Mariners,

Written up some neutral thoughts ahead of your game at Crawley and the future for both clubs - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2017/grimsby-v-crawley-the-summer-ahead/

Kept a fair few clean sheets lately but not many goals - Bogle's exit the key reason or a lack of invention behind the attacking play?

All the best for the rest of the season and beyond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
March 16, 2017, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Full of bright ideas, seen some great performances at Plymouth, Carlisle and at home to Mansfield but equally some dire ones at Morecambe, Stevenage and most notably Crewe.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 131
KingstonMariner
March 16, 2017, 10:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A fair article Gabriel. At least as far as Grimsby are concerned. Don't know enough about Crawley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 131
Gabriel
March 17, 2017, 7:23am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +20
Quoted from Mariner_09
Full of bright ideas, seen some great performances at Plymouth, Carlisle and at home to Mansfield but equally some dire ones at Morecambe, Stevenage and most notably Crewe.

I was actually in the away end for the Crewe game, that first half was remarkable. Davies kept pushing up but didn't have the pace to get back, nobody was covering behind him. Gave them far too much space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 131
OllieGTFC
March 17, 2017, 10:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
For me MB hasn't done to bad, yes he has made some silly changes and quite probably we could of been in the play offs who knows if he didn't make the changes he has, this is rebuilding again for us but next season I don't think he will have a excuse for performances he got most of the players he wants, possible 5-6 incomings in the summer clearly a few being shipped out, I honestly think we are in good hands with MB but time will tell, let's just sit back and enjoy the ride (maybe) UTM ⚪️⚫️

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 131
wiggers
March 17, 2017, 12:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
Jury still out for me, I hope he succeeds as this will mean Town are succeeding, but if I'm being honest with myself I don't think he will be manager come Christmas........just my opinion. UTM's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 131
Garth
March 17, 2017, 12:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Doesn't see the obvious for me, depends how next season pans out, bottom mid table, worrying our guts out won't be acceptable.
Until then jury's still out, I want him to succeed. We shall see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 131
Maringer
March 17, 2017, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
I've not been very impressed with Bignot thus far. For me, we've seen too many changes at the club too fast with little obvious pattern of play on show as yet and I think a gradual building process would have been more successful/sensible than the wholesale turnover of players.

That said, if Bogle hadn't departed at the end of January, I expect we would have a good few more points on the board and we might well be in or on the verge of a play-off place. The manager doesn't have control of everything that goes on and replacing Bogle's goals would have been nigh on impossible whoever was in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 131
TownSNAFU5
March 17, 2017, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Early days.  Look how long Hurst had to get it right?  

A new manager needs time to bring-in his own players and introduce new systems.  Look how Fergie struggled at the beginning at Man U.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 131
MuddyWaters
March 17, 2017, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Five years of Hurst, five months of Bignot with mostly someone else's team and having lost the leading scorer - very hard to compare, need to evaluate in October/November next season, not now.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 131
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Thoughts on Bignot?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.