This thread currently has 5,526 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
March 16, 2017, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I heard something on the radio the other day about a couple of councillors effectively putting a blocker in but then this in the telerag as well

FFS Can not see this EVER happening.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....06-detail/story.html

Some of the comments seem well informed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
March 16, 2017, 6:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +85 / -20
Approval: +9,192
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I heard something on the radio the other day about a couple of councillors effectively putting a blocker in but then this in the telerag as well

No need to panic at all. This is the referral of the decision back to the regeneration committee that JF mentioned at last week's forum. You 'll need to point out to me though which of the comments appear to be well-informed. All I saw was the usual no infrastructure balderdash.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
moosey_club
March 16, 2017, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Sums the telegraph up .....halfway down that piece is a link to another story.... save the TSB at Fairways.......Fairways  Where the fck is Fairways?????!!!!!!!.....its Fiveways FFS....."local" paper cant even name a landmark junction in town correctly.  Why even bother you useless tw@ts. Rant over.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
MuddyWaters
March 16, 2017, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
The Lib Dums and Cllr de FruityArse are having another go at mobilising the nay-saying NIMBYs.

Still would like to see someone from Extreme front and centre bigging up the development.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
KingstonMariner
March 16, 2017, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Sums the telegraph up .....halfway down that piece is a link to another story.... save the TSB at Fairways.......Fairways  Where the fck is Fairways?????!!!!!!!.....its Fiveways FFS....."local" paper cant even name a landmark junction in town correctly.  Why even bother you useless tw@ts. Rant over.  

It's at the junction of Wallington St, Dorban Rd, Pork St, Quim Hairy Avenue and Curr Lane.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
MarinerDevil
March 17, 2017, 12:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 78
Why is DeFreitas making the argument that the land is being OVER-valued?  Surely he would be more concerned if it was being undervalued from a council perspective?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
ginnywings
March 17, 2017, 1:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Why is DeFreitas making the argument that the land is being OVER-valued?  Surely he would be more concerned if it was being undervalued from a council perspective?

Clutching at straws.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2017, 7:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Low sense of self worth!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
diehardmariner
March 17, 2017, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,981
Gold Stars: 516
Bit that gets me is this; "They also believe that other uses for the land the proposed stadium will be built on have not even been considered"

Yeah, the dozens of developments just begging for the chance to bring some development and growth to the area.

I'm not concerned, I think the stadium will happen now but the short-sighted attitudes in this town that have left us at least 30 years behind most of the country really urine me off.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Theimperialcoroner
March 17, 2017, 10:32am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,050
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Because he has a very small tackle

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.