Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 120 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 15,317 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
March 4, 2017, 5:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Afraid Buckley was right again YOU PLAY TO THE WHISTLE basic error cost us the game. You know how bad the officials are end of.

So if your team mate was laid their unoncious and potentially dieing (I know thats excessive). Would you stop the game or carry on. A matter of morales I suppose.
Reply: 80 - 100
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2017, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I wasn't there but listened to Alan Buckley on the radio who said we looked better balanced with somebody on the left (vose) and the players should have played to the whistle for their second.

Now I respect Alan Buckleys views on the game who as immense experience much more than a few wannabe's on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 100
March 4, 2017, 5:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG

I'm surggesting you play to the whistle.
If the ref see it or not is besides the point. He didn't blow up we didn't defend we lost the game.

again v happy not to be your teammate.
Reply: 82 - 100
ginnywings
March 4, 2017, 5:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Totally agree with the reaction of the players. They saw their team mate in obvious distress and were concerned for his wellbeing, so playing to the whistle is all well and good but they did what i would have done in the same situation. Once the ball was whacked in the net, then the ref had no recourse to strike it off. Maybe their players should have stopped too but anyhoo, it went in and we lost a game we should have at least drawn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 100
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2017, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from ginnywings
Totally agree with the reaction of the players. They saw their team mate in obvious distress and were concerned for his wellbeing, so playing to the whistle is all well and good but they did what i would have done in the same situation. Once the ball was whacked in the net, then the ref had no recourse to strike it off. Maybe their players should have stopped too but anyhoo, it went in and we lost a game we should have at least drawn.

I rest my case m/lud. Other way round and we would be praising our players for the goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 100
ginnywings
March 4, 2017, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

I rest my case m/lud. Other way round and we would be praising our players for the goal.

You weren't there, so............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 100
sapper mariner
March 4, 2017, 6:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 935

Play to the whistle whilst your team mate is potentially choking on his own tongue? Get real, in every modern sport and every walk of life you see someone with a head injury, your first priority is to check they re ok... That simple.

so why didn't macca or any other immediately rush in to see if he was ok. u think we could debate this until the end of time but it comes down to the officals. intrestingly the ref had until he restarted play to overturn his decision.

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 100
ginnywings
March 4, 2017, 6:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from sapper mariner

so why didn't macca or any other immediately rush in to see if he was ok. u think we could debate this until the end of time but it comes down to the officals. intrestingly the ref had until he restarted play to overturn his decision.

He had no reason to though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 100
sapper mariner
March 4, 2017, 6:13pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

He had no reason too though.

True. like i said we could argue this over and over. We should have been out of sight by half time. hope its nothing more serious any way on to the next game

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 100
golfer
March 4, 2017, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
A game of 3 bstrds- the bstrd who got Gunning-- the fat bstrd who was fouling everybody, and the one in the yellow shirt who was a useless bstrd .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.