1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Zmariner
February 27, 2017, 6:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Firstly, I am traditionally very loyal to the managers. I was the same with Hurst and will be the same with bignot. He needs time to work this out
A few thoughts,
1.I think there is a serious lack of pace in the team and this is why we get so exposed away from home.
2.I feel very sorry for the fantastic away support as there have been for no shows in the last five games. I am surprised that we persist with the same formation and I do not understand the role of Gunning
3.one slight criticism I do have of the current management is that they seem to want to shoehorn what they consider the better players into the team Gunning I do not understand and I do not see Jones as support to the forward. I also think that when things are not working you must be prepared to change. Hurst had his detractors but he was very good at this sort of iterative approach. I am no manager but I could usually understand the logic in what he was doing
3. I also do not see that we played to the strengths of Dyson and with his back to goal is not Effective at all. In fact I would probably play yuseff in front of him
We are struggling to score and so changes urgently need to be made
Personally, I would drop Gunning bring Jones back to midfield or bring in Comley/Dis or the new lad and I would go for two up front. osbourne would not be a definite starter either in away games
I also think that Chambers was a very effective player and would not have released him
I will be very disappointed if we do not become competitive in away games and I expect changes to be made.
I completely expect MB be smart enough to work this out for us
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
February 27, 2017, 7:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Looks like two of any changes made will be Vose and Vernon according to the hints on Hull Radio tonight, I personally  would change Gunning for either Gowling or Boyce,  and if fit give McAllister a start alongside Osborne.
I would persist with Bolarinwa, he is always a nuisance value and a good outlet when combining with Mills
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Garth
February 27, 2017, 7:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Taken from their forum, not the feared home team we used to be I`m afraid, echoes of Mansfield me thinks

No disrespect to Marcos Bignot’s team but Blundell Park is the sort of plaice where we should be battering teams who have had their chips and have seen the ball nestle in their net whilst they drift aimlessly towards mid table or scrape along the bottom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
A.l.f.
February 27, 2017, 7:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Agree with you.  On Saturday at half time I was itching to swap Gunning for Dis or Comley, although nearly all our problems were of our own making.  Even with Alex Ferguson as Manager on Saturday I doubt we would have won as our passing and keeping the ball was so bad.  The players need to respond tomorrow night and put things right.
I question our vision as on numerous times Andrew and Mills were unmarked on the touchline with no one within 30 yards of them and we didn't find them.  I understand the conditions were poor but I could understand MB's frustration after that performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
grimslaa
February 27, 2017, 7:31pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +75
Think we're now seeing the repercussions of Bignot deciding in January that we would be playing 3-5-2, shipping out our wingers and then reverting to a system with at least one wide player following the Crewe game a few weeks ago. This has resulted in trying to shoehorn Osborne, Clements and Jones in to the team. Similarly I can't see why Gunning starts in the holding midfield role ahead of Comley/Maxwell/Disley/McAlister who all play there naturally.

Dyson hasn't had a fair crack of the whip so far for me. Feel like he is stronger with the ball on the floor, as you'd expect of somebody coming from Everton's academy, but we keep aimlessly punting the ball up to him or over the top. He was certainly on a hiding to nothing on Saturday.

Frustrated with our inability to do simple things in midfield. Based on the last few games (Newport aside as I wasn't there) our midfield is largely static and don't create options for their teammates by simply moving. Almost feel Bignot hit the nail on the head with his comment about the decision making of some of the players being the level below. Have to hope that they get up to speed quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2017, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Garth
Taken from their forum, not the feared home team we used to be I`m afraid, echoes of Mansfield me thinks

No disrespect to Marcos Bignot’s team but Blundell Park is the sort of plaice where we should be battering teams who have had their chips and have seen the ball nestle in their net whilst they drift aimlessly towards mid table or scrape along the bottom.

I can't make the game as I will be looking for my needle and cotton so I can sew my sides up where they have split with laughter, fuckin Essex boys ........I doubt the poster is even coming up for the game  

And I will be at "The BP" tomorrow.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2017, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Garth
Looks like two of any changes made will be Vose and Vernon according to the hints on Hull Radio tonight, I personally  would change Gunning for either Gowling or Boyce,  and if fit give McAllister a start alongside Osborne.
I would persist with Bolarinwa, he is always a nuisance value and a good outlet when combining with Mills

I know it was versus a team of kids but McAlister looked pretty decent in the reserves last week.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
golfer
February 27, 2017, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I think the only changes for tomorrow will be Dyson and Tombola out and Vernon and Vose in-I don't particularly agree with it but that is what will happen. Hope Vose can slow the game down to allow Osborne and Jones to link up with the forwards more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2017, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Comley or Maxwell for Gunning, Vose for Jones, Vernon for Dyson I suspect.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thoughts on the

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.