Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 125 Guests

Stadium Questionnaire

This thread currently has 5,906 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
February 27, 2017, 3:54pm
Guest User
Fishy Members,
I would be really grateful if anyone on here can help me with my uni study's by participating in this questionnaire regarding GTFC’s new stadium, I’m looking for at least 50 responses. Please read carefully & post the appropriate number for each question below. For example: Question 1 = 4 etc. Thank you.

1)     ‘There is a critical need for the club to move homes in the next 5 years.’ To what extent do you agree with this statement?

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

2)     ‘Although it would be good for the club a new stadium isn't currently necessary for the club to move to a new home.’ To what extent to you agree with this statement?

1 Strongly disagree.  2  Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

3)     The new stadium will be largely a positive for the wider community? (North East Lincolnshire as a whole)

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

4)     Do you believe the new stadium on Peaks Parkway will be a nuisance for the community that live in closest proximity to the new stadium?

1 Strongly Disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

5)     Given the negative effects a stadium in the inner-urban area (centre of town) can have on its immediate community, do you believe the suburban proposed site of Peaks Parkway is suitable for the complex?

6)     The new stadium will provide a new residential area, would you ever consider living right next to a new stadium complex?

7)     Do you think the integration of safe-standing into GTFC’s new stadium would be a good idea, if the necessary authorities were to approve it?

8     As a fan of the football club do you think a 14,000 seater stadium will damage the atmosphere of a new stadium due to the possibility of too many empty seats?

Thank you for your time.  
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2017, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,
I would be really grateful if anyone on here can help me with my uni study's by participating in this questionnaire regarding GTFC’s new stadium, I’m looking for at least 50 responses. Please read carefully & post the appropriate number for each question below. For example: Question 1 = 4 etc. Thank you.

1)     ‘There is a critical need for the club to move homes in the next 5 years.’ To what extent do you agree with this statement?

2)     ‘Although it would be good for the club a new stadium isn't currently necessary for the club to move to a new home.’ To what extent to you agree with this statement?

1 Strongly disagree.  2  Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

3)     The new stadium will be largely a positive for the wider community? (North East Lincolnshire as a whole)

4)     Do you believe the new stadium on Peaks Parkway will be a nuisance for the community that live in closest proximity to the new stadium?

1 Strongly Disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

5)     Given the negative effects a stadium in the inner-urban area (centre of town) can have on its immediate community, do you believe the suburban proposed site of Peaks Parkway is suitable for the complex?

6)     The new stadium will provide a new residential area, would you ever consider living right next to a new stadium complex?

7)     Do you think the integration of safe-standing into GTFC’s new stadium would be a good idea, if the necessary authorities were to approve it?

8     As a fan of the football club do you think a 14,000 seater stadium will damage the atmosphere of a new stadium due to the possibility of too many empty seats?

Thank you for your time.  

Look John if this is how you are prepping for your next meeting with the Council it's a bit of a cheap way of doing it

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2017, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Look John if this is how you are prepping for your next meeting with the Council it's a bit of a cheap way of doing it

BTW I have sent you my response in a PM Butty

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
February 27, 2017, 4:31pm
Guest User
Haha!! Cheers mate
Reply: 3 - 36
promotion plaice
February 27, 2017, 4:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193

1 = 5
2 = 1
3 = 4
4 = 2
5 = 4
6 = 3
7 = 4
8 = 1

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Squarkus
February 27, 2017, 5:29pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

Thank you for your time.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Cloudy
February 27, 2017, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Squarkus

Now there's a surprise John!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2017, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Ditto Squarkus's answers for me!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
Swansea_Mariner
February 27, 2017, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Ditto Squarkus's answers for me!

Me to exactly same answers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
Garth
February 27, 2017, 6:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Same as Spartacus   loved Jean Simmons as Varinia
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
Bigdog
February 27, 2017, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion. 4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

Thank you for your time.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
pizzzza
February 27, 2017, 6:40pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,696
Gold Stars: 137
My thoughts on the stadium project are widely known. Just search up my posts for the lowdown.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
rancido
February 27, 2017, 6:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
1 -  5
2 -  1
3 -  5
4 -  2
5 -  4
6 -  3
7 -  4
8 -  2

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Cloudy
February 27, 2017, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

Thank you for your time.  

1) 5
2) 2
3) 5
4) 1
5)5 I don't see PP as 'surburban'- it is a mile from the Town Hall
6) 4
7)  5
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
mariner83
February 27, 2017, 8:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree. 5 Strongly agree.

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree. 5 Strongly agree.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
TheRealJohnLewis
February 27, 2017, 8:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
1-2
2-2
3-3
4-4
5-4
6-4
7-5
8-5
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
Tinymariner
February 27, 2017, 9:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Southwark Mariner
February 27, 2017, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,543
Gold Stars: 82
1 - 2
2 - 4 (the wording is a bit off but I think I know what you meant)
3 - 5
4 - 2
5 - 3 {issue with this is that an entire housing development is planned to be around the stadium}
6 - 3
7 - 5
8 - 3 (I think one plan is to have only 3 stands for quite some time so that would be more worrying)

You should try Cognito Forms. It's free and would make collating your results so much easier:
https://www.cognitoforms.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Paris Mariner
February 27, 2017, 10:00pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Or survey monkey.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 36
moosey_club
February 27, 2017, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,193
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

Thank you for your time.  

Q2 - doesnt quite make sense......a new stadium is the only way we can move home isnt it? Unless we are moving into an old stadium somewhere ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
jimgtfc
February 28, 2017, 6:53am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,073
Gold Stars: 44

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Bawmariner
February 28, 2017, 8:00am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +323
Gold Stars: 1
1) 4
2) 1
3)5
4)1
5)5
6)5
7)5

I'm currently in the process of planning my own dissertation questionnaire on sustainable transport to the current ground and future ground so know how important it is to get hold of good data. Good luck with the dissertation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
Grumps
February 28, 2017, 9:18am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
March 2, 2017, 11:21am
Guest User
Thanks for all the responses guys, if anyone else has got a spare minute just to post their opinions I'd be really grateful. I'm trying to gather all my results in for Friday (tomorrow). Thanks.
Reply: 23 - 36
March 2, 2017, 11:24am
Guest User
BTW Question 2 is basically saying, do you believe that moving to a new stadium isn't currently necessary in order for the club to move forward?
Reply: 24 - 36
ginnywings
March 2, 2017, 11:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

Thank you for your time.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
Old pop
March 2, 2017, 2:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -11
5.                               1.                          5.                           1.                           5.                           5.                           5.                           1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
H19P1
March 2, 2017, 2:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 2, 5 and 4.

A singing section needs to be arranged where only those who want to get vocal.

BP singers are too spread out to have an impact.

All other areas can chip in every now and then but a singing section like we experienced at Wembley would be one way of creating the home atmosphere.

Thanks and good luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2017, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 139847
BTW Question 2 is basically saying, do you believe that moving to a new stadium isn't currently necessary in order for the club to move forward?

Once you've done the bit for your study's are you going to post the results Butty?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
moosey_club
March 2, 2017, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,193
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Once you've done the bit for your study's are you going to post the results Butty?

Maybe he is actually working for the opposition Friend of Daffy Defreites Party and any "negative" responses will be presented in evidence to the council planners......" Look..look....even some Town fans dont agree its a good idea " !!!!  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
grimsby pete
March 2, 2017, 5:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
The result from Suffolk is as follows,

1-   5

2- 1

3- 4

4- 1

5- 5

6- 5

7- 3

8- 1

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 2, 2017, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Will bump this.

Harry is a good lad, and a massive town fan so any help for him would be appreciated am sure

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2017, 9:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
1)     ‘There is a critical need for the club to move homes in the next 5 years.’ To what extent do you agree with this statement?

2)     ‘Although it would be good for the club a new stadium isn't currently necessary for the club to move to a new home.’ To what extent to you agree with this statement?

3)     The new stadium will be largely a positive for the wider community? (North East Lincolnshire as a whole)

4)     Do you believe the new stadium on Peaks Parkway will be a nuisance for the community that live in closest proximity to the new stadium?

5)     Given the negative effects a stadium in the inner-urban area (centre of town) can have on its immediate community, do you believe the suburban proposed site of Peaks Parkway is suitable for the complex?

6)     The new stadium will provide a new residential area, would you ever consider living right next to a new stadium complex?

7)     Do you think the integration of safe-standing into GTFC’s new stadium would be a good idea, if the necessary authorities were to approve it?

8     As a fan of the football club do you think a 14,000 seater stadium will damage the atmosphere of a new stadium due to the possibility of too many empty seats?

Maybe some of the 3s should be 'neither agree nor disagree' rather than 'don't have an opinion'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
marinerrick
March 3, 2017, 11:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
PM'd You
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
barralad
March 3, 2017, 11:52am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

1 Strongly disagree. 2  Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

1 Strongly Disagree.  2 Disagree. 3 Don't have an opinion.  4 Agree.  5 Strongly agree.

1 Strongly disagree.  2 Disagree.  3 Don't have an opinion. 4 Agree. 5 Strongly agree.

Thank you for your time.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
toontown
March 5, 2017, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from 139847
Fishy Members,

Thank you for your time.  

Q1 4

Q2 2

Q3  5

Q4  3

Q5  4

Q6  4

Q7  4

Q8  5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
toontown
March 6, 2017, 12:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
oops - just realised I posted after the deadline for answers sorry!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Questionnaire

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.