4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
February 26, 2017, 9:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Due to the way we are playing and the inconsistencies of our results, sadly our home crowds are suffering, and our away support numbers seem to be going down which is sad.  I can only see us scrapping a bit past 4,000 on Tuesday night against Colchester.  Hopefully we can rally again and get a good home win.  Sadly expectations aren't great under MB at the moment and I for one would accept two points out of the next two home games to help us limp over the 50 points barrier.  If we don't put up a couple of good shows in the next two home games, there will be a heap of pressure on MB's shoulders already.  Money is crucial  to Town and we have to keep our great support together, MB;'s style of football, and 6 wins out of 18 games so far is sadly impacting on both fronts.

Lets hope we can get back on track on Tuesday night.

UTM

I don't think it's anything to do with the way we are playing or inconsistencies. It's the league table that drives attendances far more than anything else. If we won the next 6 games with boring 1-0 draws attendances would pick up more than six consecutive 9 goal thrillers in which we won half and lost half.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 30
Mariner_09
February 26, 2017, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
We have several players who could easily develop and gel over the summer, Jones, Osborne, Mills, Andrew but Bolarinwa is too raw and even though he works very hard on the ball his concentration yesterday and when he collapsed in a heap when someone went near him at Wycombe when he could easily have rolled it Jackson, that changed the momentum and cost us. I really hope that Browne and McAllister can be assets next season. I'd really like to see a side next season of something like:

McKeown

Mills
Pearson
Collins
Andrew

McAllister
Osborne
Clements

Browne
???
Jones

That's how close I think we are to having a potentially successful team. We don't concede many goals. Crewe was an anomaly rather than the rule as we've conceded one in three since and have 13 clean sheets so the defence doesn't need changing. Osborne and Jones will hopefully have reached league fitness levels but we will need a striker who can score regularly.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
February 26, 2017, 11:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Some people can't accept that people with differing political opinions might just be wrong or have an alternative perspective, but instead need to constantly tell everyone (and themselves) that their opponents aren't even human.  I'm also puzzled as to why it's necessary on a football forum, but there you go. No fathoming some people.

Any political statement seemed out of place on a footy forum to me (apart from in the non footy section) but to put a quote as a strapline that equates conservative voters to vermin is not right at all. Town supporters can be Conservative voters right?!  
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
KingstonMariner
February 26, 2017, 11:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am not happy with the "naming and shaming" additionally I was not happy that MB came out publically and criticized the technical ability in the squad he inherited, he was right they where an average squad but I'm not convinced it was good for unity to put that out there.    

I agree in principle, though I'm not sure that's exactly what Biggie did as such - think he said he needed to bring in more technical ability or we were a bit lacking. But it's thin line. That was one of the things that drunk me off about Shorty and Shouty when they arrived, but before they'd hardly seen them kick a ball.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
KingstonMariner
February 26, 2017, 11:05pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I completely agree with this and mentioned it on another thread. The last thing you want when you've made a mistake at work is for your manager to throw you under the bus, I imagine it's the same for footballers.

You want a boss that shoulders responsibility.

Don't say that. You'll spark off rumours about why players left!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
HertsGTFC
February 26, 2017, 11:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I agree in principle, though I'm not sure that's exactly what Biggie did as such - think he said he needed to bring in more technical ability or we were a bit lacking. But it's thin line. That was one of the things that drunk me off about Shorty and Shouty when they arrived, but before they'd hardly seen them kick a ball.

Yeah I see what your saying I guess my point was more about how the players saw some of his comments.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
KingstonMariner
February 26, 2017, 11:54pm
Meths Drinker
Yes. It's always tricky to make statements like that because there's always a risk someone takes umbrage. On the other hand there's always a need to be honest with the paying public. Not surprising sports people often come out with bland statements is it!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
TheCodfather1966
February 27, 2017, 9:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
I think you are miles off the mark here GrimRob.  There is no question in my mind that the way we have started (or not started in many ways) of playing under MB has affected the crowd, not the league table position.  Town fans are very loyal and even if the results are not going our way we will still turn out in droves to watch Town, albeit we have to see the team grafting and giving their all, even if the results are not going our way.  As long as the effort is their, so will the fans be.  No team has a divine right to win football matches.

The lack of togetherness and style of play under MB will see the crowds dwindle far quicker than the league table position.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
MarinerRob
February 27, 2017, 10:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted Text
Town fans are very loyal and even if the results are not going our way we will still turn out in droves to watch Town, albeit we have to see the team grafting and giving their all, even if the results are not going our way.  As long as the effort is their, so will the fans be.

That to me is the biggest thing. I can accept losing provided the effort is put in. No disgrace in losing to a better side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
jock dock tower
February 28, 2017, 1:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164

Any political statement seemed out of place on a footy forum to me (apart from in the non footy section) but to put a quote as a strapline that equates conservative voters to vermin is not right at all. Town supporters can be Conservative voters right?!  

When I joined this Forum many moons ago I just applied the details to my nom de plume as they appear on other forums.

If you take umbrage at it I wonder have you considered that you may cause offence yourself to Lew Chatterley's family by implying that you had an affair with the man that his good lady probably knew nothing about? No? Of course not, it would be ludicrous to think so after all it's just a bit of fun, isn't it?

I also suspect you don't see the irony in advising me to go on the non footy site with it having raised the issue twice on the main Forum yourself when it's nothing at all to do with football?

Can we now move on please?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.