5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 27, 2017, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

But the manager is saying they do know their jobs but not doing them. I hardly see that as a cop out. The match reports in the GET quote a lot of what MB says in that interview.
1 - " They all know their roles and responsibilities out there "

2 - " I can accept losing, but when you go away from what you've been asked to do, you don't switch on or concentrate, then it's frustrating for a manager because that's our job, to prepare them and make sure they know it "

3 - "They ( the team ) have actually been shown that corner routine. Before you've even got into the game you're 1-0 down"

4 - " You go out on the training field, you give players responsibility and then remind them again just as they go out"

Like I said in an earlier post, the buck stops at the manager but he is obviously trying to prepare the players in all ways possible to achieve a result but if they don't follow instructions what more can he do? As he says " If we can't take on the information that we're giving them, then there are going to have to be changes".
I certainly think the comparison with Newell is completely out of order. At least MB is trying his hardest in trying to prepare the squad and not just cruising along, which the impression I got from Newells' tenure

I still believe the public criticism of the team is a recipe  for disaster.

Bollock em in private but not in public
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2017, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Cloudy

I still believe the public criticism of the team is a recipe  for disaster.

Bollock em in private but not in public

Especially when you are trying to intergrade a new group!!

When people talk of managers moving to big prem clubs from smaller clubs they always come up with "how will so and so deal with world class players?" O.K. fair point. I wonder if the same can be said for managers moving from coaching part time players to full time proffessionals?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
chaos33
February 27, 2017, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
I understand the argument but it was hardly a public flogging. I've heard much worse and he could have been significantly more critical and honest in public.

I'm not really that interested in the splitting of hairs over who's to blame. They should all take collective responsibility. It's not good enough and this is a pattern to our away performances now. Lots of people are failing to do a good job in some of  these games - management and players.

Hearing about it repeatedly  becomes tedious, as does the blame game. People turning round and blaming others or each other is weak. We want to see action and unity and we want to see it change.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
sydney
February 27, 2017, 10:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
I want MB to be successful
Think he has his heart in the right place
Just struggling with these v inconsistent performances
I wonder if he is too inexperienced
We have had some poor performances
Are we moving forward or not?
Here is to 3 points tomorrow night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 'let's keep it all on one thread' thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.