Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from HertsGTFC
There you go..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v0w55

If this does not work its on the RH Sport site now

Thanks mate.

At least he didn't bullsh1t his way through that. I much prefer to hear him tell it like it is and admit when a performance is unacceptable. Obviously, the fact that these away 'no shows' are recurring is the biggest concern rather than what MB says, but it's better to hear him speaking plain and showing his disappointment rather than trying to kid us on, or waffle on about the supporters or some other tosh.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Grim74
February 25, 2017, 9:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Season over! Now do I go watch the inevitable excrement at orient on the 11th of March, or my home town at bromsgrove in the FA vase semi final ... decisions decisions🤔

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
February 25, 2017, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from forza ivano
Do hope Denni, ipswin, codfather and the rest are all okay. 8pm and they still haven't launched into their cheap option, hasn't got a clue, heading for the conference messages

I see you are doing the same as last week - doing down posters who do not share your views. Why do you do that? What are you trying to achieve? If that is what they feel, why shouldn't they express it?

In answer to your question perhaps they have resigned themselves that the rest of this season will be up and down, and what more is there to say?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
ginnywings
February 26, 2017, 12:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33

Thanks mate.

At least he didn't bullsh1t his way through that. I much prefer to hear him tell it like it is and admit when a performance is unacceptable. Obviously, the fact that these away 'no shows' are recurring is the biggest concern rather than what MB says, but it's better to hear him speaking plain and showing his disappointment rather than trying to kid us on, or waffle on about the supporters or some other tosh.

I particularly liked the bit where he said the players thinking was from the league below and JT quickly pointed out that he had brought in the players from below.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Hagrid
February 26, 2017, 1:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from mariner91

I admire your optimism but I would be simply amazed if we were to make the play offs. There is no evidence that we can find the sort of consistent performances, let alone results, that would give us a chance of doing so.

Wasnt serious mate haha, just the reactions on here, 1 week we are terrible the next world beaters. I think we will be mid table inconsistantly inconsistant from now until may
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
lobsterpot
February 26, 2017, 4:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
[b][/b]
Quoted from Hagrid

Wasnt serious mate haha, just the reactions on here, 1 week we are terrible the next world beaters. I think we will be mid table inconsistantly inconsistant from now until may

That's cos' we are! I'm just so glad i was smashed at Newport and can't remember a thing about the game so i got away with being drunk off about it. Bit like cheating death i can imagine. Oh yeah, don't know weather it's been mentioned as this is the 1st thing i've read since getting home, but when the fans clapped Macca and Pearson then hammered the rest, i defo saw MB say to Macca " whats the effin point " before ordering the troops off. I do feel sorry for the guy but at the end of the day you gotta be prepared to take the $hite on a bad day just like you take the banking off last week.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
Mallyner
February 26, 2017, 6:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from ginnywings

I particularly liked the bit where he said the players thinking was from the league below and JT quickly pointed out that he had brought in the players from below.

Well done to all those heroes who went once more.

After getting home from work, I listened like I am sure many of you did to JT's match commentary;
and I am sure the match was dismal, but he made it sound many times more so.

I loved his line about Tom pulling the back of a defender's shirt, when he was winning the race for the ball. How are you winning a race when you are behind somebody?

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
rancido
February 26, 2017, 12:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from ginnywings

I think he said their " decision making " but could have misheard. He is right though. He specifically mentioned the move that lead to their goal and said they had practised against that situation but still didn't follow their instructions. As he said they went through all the tactics required, both at set-pieces and general play, to get a result but the players didn't follow this. Obviously the buck stops at the manager but surely the players have to accept some responsibility for not following those tactics? He also seemed to imply that if players consistently ignored those instructions then he had a squad big enough to deal with that.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
headingly_mariner
February 26, 2017, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

I think he said their " decision making " but could have misheard. He is right though. He specifically mentioned the move that lead to their goal and said they had practised against that situation but still didn't follow their instructions. As he said they went through all the tactics required, both at set-pieces and general play, to get a result but the players didn't follow this. Obviously the buck stops at the manager but surely the players have to accept some responsibility for not following those tactics? He also seemed to imply that if players consistently ignored those instructions then he had a squad big enough to deal with that.

Can't just hammer the players for individual mistakes though surely? I can't imagine the players are fond of being blamed by their gaffer, he's basically just said I'm doing my job but the players aren't.

What about the 88 minutes he had left to change it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
rancido
February 26, 2017, 12:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Can't just hammer the players for individual mistakes though surely? I can't imagine the players are fond of being blamed by their gaffer, he's basically just said I'm doing my job but the players aren't.

What about the 88 minutes he had left to change it?

But it's not individual mistakes, it's a collective approach to the game and specific instructions and roles for the players.
If you mean bringing on new players to change it then that is a fair comment if they still follow the game plan that was discussed.
At the end of the day all the manager can do is prepare a team for a game, point out the oppositions strengths and instruct them how to deal with  this. If they can't follow this then surely they deserve to be blamed by the manager as a collective unit.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 'let's keep it all on one thread' thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.