18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Garth
February 25, 2017, 9:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Did not go today but from the commentary  it seems that we either had no plan or shape,  or were not following the tactics that had been practised during the week, to go one down so early was not a disaster had the team shown some sort of fighting spirit.

Seems to me that there needs to be changes on Tuesday,  with an inclusion of out of favour players who will show
some balls
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 177
fleabag1970
February 25, 2017, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Just wondering why josh gowling was in brigg today . Has he been frozen out totally

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 177
Mrs Doyle
February 26, 2017, 9:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just listened to MBs radio interview and he is clearly p1ssed off that we did not do as instructed prior to them scoring. I understand that but he did make a couple of other comments I found interesting

He said we played with “2 centre forwards” technically we did one rookie (Dyson) and another  (Jones) who I thought was a mid field player who can play up top. Pedantic I know but surely with a squad of our size we should be selecting players in their natural positions.

He then talked about playing with “1 out and out winger” which begs the question on how you then balance the side if you have not got another natural wide player.

When asked about the 88 minutes after the goal he talked about the players decision making being “a level below” surely this will happen a bit this season as 5 starters today have played most of the careers at that level or lower and one is an U23. He did say something along the lines of it wasn’t the players they had brought in but I would have t listen to it again to be sure what he meant, I think he just got carried away a bit then

On the back of this he went on to point the finger at Tombola who from the commentary sounded like he did o.
k. and was no worse than others. He talked about changed for the games coming up, it will be interesting to see who starts on Tuesday
So maybe the posters on here are not the only ones to get a bit emotional when we lose but things feel a bit ragged at the moment which may explain some of the inconsistency.    

I still think he was seething and rightly so at that goal, seen it and it must go down as one of the most basic errors from a corner I have ever seen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 177
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 26, 2017, 10:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Id rather have gowling in the Gunning in my opinion, he reminds me of the players that got us relegated to non league. I know we should give him a chance though so his got to the end of the season to earn a contract but i wouldnt offer him one at this time.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 177
HertsGTFC
February 26, 2017, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Id rather have gowling in the Gunning in my opinion, he reminds me of the players that got us relegated to non league. I know we should give him a chance though so his got to the end of the season to earn a contract but i wouldnt offer him one at this time.

Based upon what we have seen there are more effective players  waiting in the wings, if MB is serious about a play off pus then he needs to examine his options, and quickly.

In the position Gunning has played in recent games Dis, Maxwell, McAlister, Davis or indeed Gowling could do that job,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 177
Abdul19
February 26, 2017, 11:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,554
Gold Stars: 215
Does seem odd that we're playing a centre back in midfield when we've got about 36 midfielders.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 177
golfer
February 26, 2017, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Abdul19
Does seem odd that we're playing a centre back in midfield when we've got about 36 midfielders.

It seemed like we had 36 when Dis and Clay were controlling the midfield   They played well together
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 177
Madeleymariner
February 26, 2017, 1:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Just from the highlights I noticed that Morcambe seemed to be closing us down on the edge of their box on mass whenever we have corners, crosses cleared etc and blocking crosses shots within a few feet of it leaving our boots whereas our blocks all seem to be nearer the 6 yard box, Morcambe players always seemed to have space to get their shots off. As for Macca, sorry we desperately need a keeper who can command his box, hes decent and pulled off a couple of good saves but no keeper should be punching chest and head height balls when stood on their line windy conditions or not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 177
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.