18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
February 25, 2017, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I think it's the manner of the defeats we take, the actual non performance and the way we just seem to uninterested.

I remember Marcus saying in his first ever interview when he got the job it went somewhere along the lines of " I don't accept second best" well it's something you seem to be getting lately Marcus.

I'm not going ott just these defeats and the manner in them are concerning IMO.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 177
Mariner_09
February 25, 2017, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Get a grip people, some on here moaned at Hurst for being too negative and talking up the opposition, Marcus arrives and does exactly what people moaned at Hurst for not doing and then people moan at that.

I for one have never bought Bignot's all words and no meaning. His cheeky witticisms are brilliant if you win every week but they seem like cocky clever clogs remarks when we lose. We weren't terrible in the first half but we created nothing except a header from Gunning that he should have scored. We were awful in the second half and could easily have lost 3 or 4.

What is the point of Gunning? He looks and plays like a pub player, apart from being a thug he offers nothing that McAllister, Dis and Comley can't. Bignot loves him though. He's always talking up his footballing ability but sorry where is it?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 177
Cloudy
February 25, 2017, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from OllieGTFC
If most of you don't like it under MB possible because you all seen the glory days like my dad seems what you all go on about if you don't like don't f*cking come on ( rob Scott rant) can't keep living in the past for god sake, give him a chance like we all did for Paul Hurst 6 years I remember !!!

Ollie I find your post at best, condescending. Yes I have enjoyed the successes under McMenemy, Booth, Kerr and Buckley but I also spend my money travelling the country to support GTFC.

I have travelled to such 'glory' destinations as Hayes & Yeading, Woking, Ebbsfleet, Dover etc many on a Tuesday night. I don't say this to seek praise because it was entirely MY choice. I did it because I wanted too.

I am travelling to Crawley, Stevenage, Crewe etc & I am getting drunk off with not only the team going through the motions, but  we have no structure whatsoever, we lurch from system to system, failing to create a chance worthy of the name. I can accept losing, god knows I have followed Town since the mid 1960's, but I cannot accept the shambles I am currently witnessing.

To have some youngster say if I don't like it , don't come makes my blood boil. I have played enough football and seen enough to be worried. If Bignot would have added an Osbourne and Jones to what we had we would have been work in progress and I would have been ok but to witness what I am seeing makes me angry.

Time for Bignot to stop the happy smiley, cheeky chappy routine and get some structure shape and effort into our team. At present, away from home, we are a gift of 3 points to anyone. Next away game is Orient, they have the worst home record in the division, I am worried, very worried
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 177
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2017, 6:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Just listened to MBs radio interview and he is clearly p1ssed off that we did not do as instructed prior to them scoring. I understand that but he did make a couple of other comments I found interesting

He said we played with “2 centre forwards” technically we did one rookie (Dyson) and another  (Jones) who I thought was a mid field player who can play up top. Pedantic I know but surely with a squad of our size we should be selecting players in their natural positions.

He then talked about playing with “1 out and out winger” which begs the question on how you then balance the side if you have not got another natural wide player.

When asked about the 88 minutes after the goal he talked about the players decision making being “a level below” surely this will happen a bit this season as 5 starters today have played most of the careers at that level or lower and one is an U23. He did say something along the lines of it wasn’t the players they had brought in but I would have t listen to it again to be sure what he meant, I think he just got carried away a bit then

On the back of this he went on to point the finger at Tombola who from the commentary sounded like he did o.k. and was no worse than others. He talked about changed for the games coming up, it will be interesting to see who starts on Tuesday
So maybe the posters on here are not the only ones to get a bit emotional when we lose but things feel a bit ragged at the moment which may explain some of the inconsistency.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 177
Grantley
February 25, 2017, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
If he says that we're a work in progress for next season, he'll be called unambitious. If he says that we'll make the playoffs, he gets shotdown for talking bullshit.  

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 177
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2017, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from OllieGTFC
If most of you don't like it under MB possible because you all seen the glory days like my dad seems what you all go on about if you don't like don't f*cking come on ( rob Scott rant) can't keep living in the past for god sake, give him a chance like we all did for Paul Hurst 6 years I remember !!!

Even though we all know this is a transitional season as it would have been under the one who's name I am no longer allowed to mention as well as MB, the manager and players do have a responsibility to serve up something half decent during such a period. I couldn't afford to go today but by the sounds of it on RH and Barra's Just Back post we where in reality no better in terms of football & application than we where at various away grounds in the last couple of months.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 177
jonnyboy82
February 25, 2017, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
And if he keeps serving up non performances then he has every right to be criticised.

The way he sets up the team with one winger and one tucked in then one out and out striker with one tucked behind then one central defender playing in front of the defence just seems on the whole tactics that over complicate things.

We could play a 442 if he hadn't sent nearly all our wingers on loan.

I think he needs to look at how he has set us up and maybe go back to basics, it's just my opinion and it seems to me he has gone to a system that for some reason just hasn't worked IMO and he should look at his reasons for doing this, why he insists this system he swears by is what we need right now.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 177
HackneyHaddock
February 25, 2017, 6:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from OllieGTFC

I don't disagree that it's a work in progress, or that we should give the manager lots of time.  I do think most people are just expressing exasperation and puzzlement at the nature of some of our defeats given how well we play in some games.  Exploring the reasons for that inconsistency isn't an unreasonable thing to do, even on the Fishy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 177
golfer
February 25, 2017, 6:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I think one of the things that is wrong is that when we get the ball forward we don't have anybody with the skills to hold onto the ball so it comes straight back. If we had a decent winger who could keep the ball it would give us a chance to move forward, but at the moment it's just like ping pong. I hope Vose is fit to play on Tuesday- he's the only player capeable of holding the ball in their half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 177
TheCodfather1966
February 25, 2017, 9:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
A decent result against Mansfield, but sadly no answer again away from home.  Brilliant away following yet again with nothing to cheer.  Post match MB no real answers to yet another horror show.  We have points in the bag, and touch wood we will be fine this season.  I really cannot see MB in this role long term, I don;t think he has enough knowledge at this level.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 177
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.