MuddyWaters
February 23, 2017, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

He didn't build that side, he just kept it ticking over. Look when their winning run started. It was the season before he arrived and he only got the job because Pearson was booted out for personal reasons. Of course i respect your view but his recruitment from winning the Prem last season was rubbish and he fails at most clubs.

To be fair, he did sign Kante.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
GrimRob
February 23, 2017, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Been on the cards for ages. No worse than Morhino being sacked last season. Taken as a whole the season has been very poor for Leicester considering the money them have spent. I have been backing them to go down for months.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 23, 2017, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Think he's overrated and very luckily inherited a team that Pearson had put together the previous season and had gone on a mad winning run from relegation places to mid table. Right place right time for Ranieri in my opinion. Once they lost Kante, he had no answers.

Absolutely.

Ranieri is a very nice chap. He did one thing well last season, he left the side alone. He didn't build it and all he did was adjust it a bit and then they took off. They had a couple of class players, good organisation, a simple game plan, no injuries to speak of, no Europe to bother about and six or seven players who were playing out of their skins.

This year they lost some class, had a few injuries, got sussed out in their game plan and players have been back at their normal form level especially in the back four.

That is when you need a good manager, not when things are going well but when things need sorting out. In that respect Ranieri has failed by any measure almost all season, but especially since Christmas. I am honestly surprised he has been given this long. Nobody can afford to be this sentimental in football. Loyalty does not extend to football suicide which is what has been happening to Leicester.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
ginnywings
February 23, 2017, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I'm sure when he sees his severance cheque in the bank and some other team give him a contract, he'll get over it. Anyway, it's the Prem and i don't give a shoite to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
moosey_club
February 23, 2017, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm sure when he sees his severance cheque in the bank and some other team give him a contract, he'll get over it. Anyway, it's the Prem and i don't give a shoite to be honest.

hard to be sympathetic if you think his severance pay alone would probably pay our entire playing budget for the next 4 seasons.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
forza ivano
February 23, 2017, 9:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Everyone mentions Kante going but nobody says about Steve Walsh going to Everton. Massive massive loss.compare and contrast their recruitment in the Pearson era to the diabolical signings made last summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
Abdul19
February 23, 2017, 9:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from forza ivano
Everyone mentions Kante going but nobody says about Steve Walsh going to Everton. Massive massive loss.compare and contrast their recruitment in the Pearson era to the diabolical signings made last summer

Excellent point. Kante wasn't signed by Pearson or Ranieri.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
ginnywings
February 23, 2017, 9:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from forza ivano

Yep and he did similar with Pearson at Hull. It was Walsh who decided to spend 1 million on Vardy and that was seen as risky and too big a jump for the player at the time. Think he also identified Mahrez as a target. He is doing a good job at Everton now.

As for Ranieri, him and his backroom staff were hated by the Chelsea players and they stopped performing. Seems the same has happened at Leicester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
Mariner_09
February 23, 2017, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Does he struggle when he needs to motivate and reenergise players? It isn't difficult to motivate players when you're winning. It takes a special kind of personality to drag teams up from the depths. Allardyce and Pulis have mastered it. I still think Palace will stay up. When it goes wrong it seems he can't save anybody.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
bobbyturtle
February 23, 2017, 10:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
The kings power has been eliminated, great for his cv, premier league champions, last 16 for champions league. good pay off, always a hero for the foxes, great bit of work.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.