This thread currently has 3,684 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 12, 2017, 12:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I cannot make the journey to Newport on Tuesday and not sure we will have many more than 250 but I have just had a glance at the Newport message board.

Bearing in mind they are currently bottom of the table I find it surprising that a fair few of them think they can still make the play offs!!!
Now that's optimism for you!

They believe Westley has turned them around totally. Never liked the guy but I wonder if their fans know he put himself forward for the Town job just a few week after taking over in South Wales?
Private Message
friskneymariner
February 12, 2017, 12:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Have you seen state of their pitch.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2017, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Unbeaten in 5, good point on Saturday. It will be a hard place to go to get the result we need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
HertsGTFC
February 12, 2017, 12:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,890
Gold Stars: 225
After yesterday and our recent form I'm actually expecting a draw at best and would not be too surprised considering their pitch, recent improvement, the journey, and the fact that their manager is a horrible "bar steward" if we get beat.   

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
lee65
February 12, 2017, 12:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,479
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from friskneymariner
Have you seen state of their pitch.

If it keeps raining down there like it is here (York) it will struggle to be on maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
February 12, 2017, 12:21pm
Guest User
I can't imagine who wants to go to Newport on Tuesday night, credit though, must be bonkers or incredibly dedicated. Suspect a decline in our form will continue, we'll drop further until we find us shape.
Reply: 5 - 14
chaos33
February 12, 2017, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
I fear we will get turned over on their ploughed field.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
GYinScuntland
February 12, 2017, 12:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,235
Gold Stars: 97
It's proper romantic in Newport.
Well that's what I've told the other half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Eastendmariner
February 12, 2017, 1:16pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
No heart shaped balloons Glyn

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Mrs Doyle
February 12, 2017, 3:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Hope it's not a Valentine day massacre  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
NewportFan
February 12, 2017, 5:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +64
Jeez, boys, did you not read the script? We are trying to catch Crewe, y'know.

Safe journey down on Tuesday. Nothing you can possibly imagine will prepare you for our disgrace of a pitch. It seems to change character from game to game, too, with Donny last Friday being confronted with a bobbly beach.

We made 14 signings during the recent transfer window, Westley having (correctly IMO) decided trying to build a new team from scratch mid-season was less risky than continuing with the old one. It's likely that only two players who featured at BP will be involved, goalkeeper Day (who has been one of the very few decent performers) and left-back Butler (whose characteristic dithering presented you with your late winner, but who suddenly woke up a month ago and is currently playing well). We'll be, um, direct, for sure. Followers of my vintage will understand though, when I say the last few games have been very watchable, old-fashioned 1970s 4th Division fare. Hartlepool home, Cheltenham away, then Doncaster home saw five teams (Hartlepool surrendered abjectly) who were very committed, going at it hammer and tongs from whistle to last, without being dirty (honest guv, no yellows for either side in the first two games, four flashed on Friday by a wuss of a ref who evidently watches too much Premier League). Truly, the effort on display has been astonishing and prompted standing ovations at the end of every match, these coming from a cynical, despondent crowd deeply angry at the club's league position.

Don't forget to travel M50/A40/A449 - Doncaster fans whinged in numbers about the £6.70 Severn Bridge toll that should be avoided by anyone travelling from north of the M4 corridor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Grimal
February 12, 2017, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,859
Gold Stars: 9
Well fellas I've arrived down in Newport after leaving Crewe this morning and at the moment its not raining.I must be mad after yesterdays performance, sorry non performance but surely can never play that bad again.So onwards and upwards we go and hope to bring 3 points home to Grimsby. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 12, 2017, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,789
Gold Stars: 178
Looking forward to a romantic night out with a few fellow town fans (and some top lads staying at mine for a couple of days). The pitch has been described to me as not even fit for rugby, with the dragons recently having a game called off because of it.

#bucketsandspadesatnewport

Or

#loveheartballoonsatnewport

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
promotion plaice
February 12, 2017, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,001
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from Grimal
Well fellas I've arrived down in Newport after leaving Crewe this morning and at the moment its not raining.I must be mad after yesterdays performance, sorry non performance but surely can never play that bad again.So onwards and upwards we go and hope to bring 3 points home to Grimsby. UTM.

Fair play to you Marcus and I admire your optimism.......

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Garth
February 13, 2017, 9:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Forget playing football on a mud heap, play your fittest and strongest and hoof it upfield as hard as you can for them to chase and win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport on Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.