This thread currently has 3,511 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Pontooner
February 12, 2017, 9:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
I don't think there's any question that Hurst's team needed strengthening for it to mount a play off challenge. It's more about how much.

MB had options when he took over and went for one that was higher risk. That's an unusual choice for someone in the position he found himself in, and I guess we'll know quite soon whether it was a brave considered decision, or just plain reckless.

Really hope it's the former as it'd be a real shame to loose the good vibe of promotion and our return to L2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Garth
February 13, 2017, 9:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
MB was at a disadvantage of not knowing his players, their strengths and weaknesses half way through a competitive season, unlike taking over a premier league team where most of us have seen or know their attributes.

It feels as though when guided by the advice of  Moore, Warrington and maybe Disley we made few changes and were doing Ok, but when understandably he changed it by recruited his own team of players and coaches, ups and downs are happening. it will settle but too many reliables have been cast aside  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
mariner83
February 13, 2017, 11:58am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5

I am a bit irritated that quite a lot of the Bogle money has gone on replacing the team when we could have used it much more wisely.

I thought it was said money from higher gates had gone towards most of the new signings and they wanted to invest the Bogle money into the infrastructure of the club?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
lew chaterleys lover
February 13, 2017, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mariner83

I thought it was said money from higher gates had gone towards most of the new signings and they wanted to invest the Bogle money into the infrastructure of the club?

You may be right, but wherever the money has come from it doesn't look a good investment at the moment at least.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Mariner_09
February 13, 2017, 1:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Pontooner
I don't think there's any question that Hurst's team needed strengthening for it to mount a play off challenge. It's more about how much.

MB had options when he took over and went for one that was higher risk. That's an unusual choice for someone in the position he found himself in, and I guess we'll know quite soon whether it was a brave considered decision, or just plain reckless.

Really hope it's the former as it'd be a real shame to loose the good vibe of promotion and our return to L2.

Honestly, I'd rather have kept Bogle and just signed Osborne and then had done with the abundance of signings we made. Yussuf doesn't look any better than Jackson. Clements is not superior to Summerfield. Gunning is no better than Gowling. Haven't seen enough of Jones, Dyson, Asante or Maxwell to make a judgement.  

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Garth
February 13, 2017, 2:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mariner_09

Honestly, I'd rather have kept Bogle and just signed Osborne and then had done with the abundance of signings we made. Yussuf doesn't look any better than Jackson. Clements is not superior to Summerfield. Gunning is no better than Gowling. Haven't seen enough of Jones, Dyson, Asante or Maxwell to make a judgement.

I have, Jones what little we saw of him playing well forward on Saturday looked a threat, Dyson 100% tryer but shows little skill or heading ability, if thats a sample of Everton`s future I must be missing something, Asante a future Bogle in the making but not this season, Maxwell no idea yet.
We could never have kept a happy Bogle unfortunately, but need to see Yussuf, Asante and Vernon stepping up to the plate to try to plug his absence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Maringer
February 13, 2017, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I think Yussuf looks a decent player and he looks a lot more of a threat than Jackson to me. Just needs to get a partnership going up front and get some service from the rest of the team which has been badly lacking of late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Managers taking over mid season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.