Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Where do we go from here ?

This thread currently has 13,855 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
February 11, 2017, 5:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
I was excited from the employment of MB, I thought a new era was upon us, how wrong was I. After several games gone, I am not impressed at all. He has torn the team apart, bought numerous players, put us into debt, sold our leading attacker, playing a new boring 3-5-2 system that the players cant adapt to, talks the talk in the papers,who is he kidding? John Fenty expressed that he has adapted well to the league, and reckons he is the saviour of our beloved club. Ive been to all the home games since he arrived and have not been impressed at all by his tactics. He tries to win us over by his humourous interviews,and we all seem to go along with it. But, were are we at the moment? We now have an abundance of players, no blending, no attack, no wingers, no hope for the future. I'm so sorry for us die hard supporters who invest our money each match day,and especially to the fans who travelled today to witness such a display. Newspapers print what managers say, and us fans are urged on by this,and our beliefs are looking forward to the game, and then 90 minutes (30 minutes today) after, we are pondering what went wrong. OK, its a loss,and we all expect us moaning fans to come on here and call the team. But to play against Crewe who are abysmal is a serious defeat,an embarrassment. So, where do we go from here?, I don't think anything will happen,it will be just a blip, and an off day. but since MB left Solihull, they have improved. I don't care about red crosses on here, I'm allowed my say, my team come first,and I know a lot of you agree with this. Whats your feelings on how things are going with the new manager?, comparing the chance we had with Danny Cowley coming here, I reckon we chose the wrong messiah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
February 11, 2017, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I agree with your sentiments but Bignot didn't sell Bogle and we were never in with a hope of getting Cowley.

We have one choice now, try and support the team and hope Bignot learns very very quickly
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
denni266
February 11, 2017, 5:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from dicko995
I was excited from the employment of MB, I thought a new era was upon us, how wrong was I. After several games gone, I am not impressed at all. He has torn the team apart, bought numerous players, put us into debt, sold our leading attacker, playing a new boring 3-5-2 system that the players cant adapt to, talks the talk in the papers,who is he kidding? John Fenty expressed that he has adapted well to the league, and reckons he is the saviour of our beloved club. Ive been to all the home games since he arrived and have not been impressed at all by his tactics. He tries to win us over by his humourous interviews,and we all seem to go along with it. But, were are we at the moment? We now have an abundance of players, no blending, no attack, no wingers, no hope for the future. I'm so sorry for us die hard supporters who invest our money each match day,and especially to the fans who travelled today to witness such a display. Newspapers print what managers say, and us fans are urged on by this,and our beliefs are looking forward to the game, and then 90 minutes (30 minutes today) after, we are pondering what went wrong. OK, its a loss,and we all expect us moaning fans to come on here and call the team. But to play against Crewe who are abysmal is a serious defeat,an embarrassment. So, where do we go from here?, I don't think anything will happen,it will be just a blip, and an off day. but since MB left Solihull, they have improved. I don't care about red crosses on here, I'm allowed my say, my team come first,and I know a lot of you agree with this. Whats your feelings on how things are going with the new manager?, comparing the chance we had with Danny Cowley coming here, I reckon we chose the wrong messiah.

Well said . but get ready for the rose tints to attack, like they do me for saying basically the same. at least there is a few of us that can see through the fog at what is happining
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
dapperz fun pub
February 11, 2017, 5:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
You really believe bignot sold Omar ffs ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
TheCodfather1966
February 11, 2017, 5:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Quite simply we need to replace him as quickly as possible because this guy will empty Blundell Park quicker than a neutron bomb.  He clearly hasn't got a clue, and bless him he is simply well out of his depth.  Got to go for me.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
denni266
February 11, 2017, 5:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
not directly, but to get more players in he needed money to spend. so mr fenty gave in to him big style
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
Chrisblor
February 11, 2017, 5:47pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 233
Where do we go from here? Start lining up some wingers for when the transfer window re-opens.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
oldun
February 11, 2017, 5:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Newport on Tues that's where we go from here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 5:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from dicko995

All good stuff apart from the bollox at the end re Danny Cowley there was never a chance he was coming here.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
GrimRob
February 11, 2017, 5:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
What could a new manager achieve now in this season? We've already blown a fortune replacing one squad with another no better than it, funded by the sale of our star striker. We might as well let the season pan out, see what happens with no great pressure for results in the remainder of the season, and take stock in the summer. Whoever comes now is going to get the same lopsided squad and a few more points is not going make the shortfall up either at the top or bottom of the table.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where do we go from here ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.