3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
February 11, 2017, 7:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
PS. Just noticed that only 3 (Denni, tagg and grimps)  of the Gang of Four have posted.all we need is ipswin to give us the benefit of his views o make it a full house
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
jonnyboy82
February 11, 2017, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Wait , am I excluded from the fab four forza ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
forza ivano
February 11, 2017, 8:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Wait , am I excluded from the fab four forza ?

You're The Voice of Reason Johnny! I think fatherhood must've changed you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
denni266
February 11, 2017, 8:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from forza ivano
PS. Just noticed that only 3 (Denni, tagg and grimps)  of the Gang of Four have posted.all we need is ipswin to give us the benefit of his views o make it a full house

i will ring him and tell him just to make your night .. and i see you dodged the question , and i sugest you read most of tonights threads and take notice how many have said the same as me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Andy
February 11, 2017, 8:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +143
Gold Stars: 1

To be fair I don't think anyone at any level ever come into a team halfway through a season, revolutionised the way they play to a style that isn't a fairly standard way of playing, and had instant success

Neil Warnock

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
LongEatonMariner
February 12, 2017, 9:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Andy

Neil Warnock

Keep that sort of language off the fishy !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
HertsGTFC
February 12, 2017, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

To be fair I don't think anyone at any level ever come into a team halfway through a season, revolutionised the way they play to a style that isn't a fairly standard way of playing, and had instant success

Locally Russ Wilcox at Scunthorpe when Laws was sacked in 2013 he took over and took them on a run that got them up without revolution he just made them harder to beat.

Nobody is asking for promotion or revolution in reality we just want progress and not regression.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
rancido
February 12, 2017, 12:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Some of the posters on this thread have voiced the opinion that it is a step too far from non-league management to league management, at least as far as MB is concerned. Yet loads of managers have made that same step ( PH certainly, as it would be silly to interpret 3 months earlier in the season as " League experience ". In fact he is now League 1 and slowly pulling Shrewsbury away from the drop zone ). MB is certainly learning his trade and although yesterdays result was a hard knock he also achieved some good results against teams a lot higher in the division. It is quite obvious from what he has said and his recent signings ( well to me anyway ! ) that he is using what remains of this season to produce a squad that will be serious contenders for promotion next season. It's almost like from now until April is a long preseason with the added bonus that if the players we have develop a better understanding then a play-off place is not out of the question. It has been mentioned that he has " disassembled " what we had before he arrived but nearly all those players that don't feature in his plans and have left have gone to lower level clubs, the very players that PH brought in to help us progress !! Virtually all the fans on this site wanted us just to consolidate our league status this season and what I've seen since MB came here has done nothing to diminish that reality. Once it was announced that PH had gone and MB had been appointed manager I was prepared to give him until the end of the season before I passed judgement , when he had his own players playing his way. Nothing has changed my view and I certainly won't come out with a knee-jerk reaction to a result that although wasn't expected appears to be more about individual performances ( or lack of them ) than mismanagement.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › out of his depth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.