Reply: 10 - 27
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 11, 2017, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I think he's gone for style over substance far too soon, it would make more sense to stick to sensible basic tactics and rotate the players more finding the best performers out of our squad, then start modifying the style of play based on the talents of that best 11.

Not only have we disrupted the dressing room repor with a large influx of signings and exits, but we've gone straight for an unusual style of play, so while trying to get used to their new team mates, theyre also trying to get used to a style of play theyve not had before, and probably getting beat on the basics by other teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Gaffer58
February 11, 2017, 5:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Be interesting to see the 2 starting line ups for today and Plymouth away which I think was Bignot's first or second game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 11, 2017, 5:55pm
Brandy Drinker
I mean whatever you say about his job here so far, Bignot is hungry for success, he's not come here for a payday on the merry go round like many managers we couldve employed would have been. Could it be his inexperienced coupled with that hunger and our close proximity to the playoff positions when we arrived, meant he along with a board who are very convinced by him, have pushed for further success too soon and its backfired, rather than dealing with stability after hurst first and saving his visions for later
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Mrs Doyle
February 11, 2017, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Just think the players are confused about their roles and a definite lack of understanding caused by so many new faces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
mariner91
February 11, 2017, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
What are his "visions"? I have literally no idea what the game plan is. We have no width, no runners beyond the strikers and we're not capable of maintaining possession in the opposition's half to allow us to get the men forward. There doesn't seem to be any channel runs either when we've run out of places to go in our own half, just hoofs forward to nobody in particular. About 15 games in and I couldn't begin to tell you how he wants us to play which is worrying in the extreme.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 6:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I think he's gone for style over substance far too soon, it would make more sense to stick to sensible basic tactics and rotate the players more finding the best performers out of our squad, then start modifying the style of play based on the talents of that best 11.

Not only have we disrupted the dressing room repor with a large influx of signings and exits, but we've gone straight for an unusual style of play, so while trying to get used to their new team mates, theyre also trying to get used to a style of play theyve not had before, and probably getting beat on the basics by other teams.

The bit in bold is bang on IMHO, people said PH played boring football and at times it was but I think he just played to the abilities of a non league squad, Marcus could learn from that. Many teams at our level don't play 3 - 5 - 2 why? Usually because the players are non good enough to play that way.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 11, 2017, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The bit in bold is bang on IMHO, people said PH played boring football and at times it was but I think he just played to the abilities of a non league squad, Marcus could learn from that. Many teams at our level don't play 3 - 5 - 2 why? Usually because the players are non good enough to play that way.

To be fair I don't think anyone at any level ever come into a team halfway through a season, revolutionised the way they play to a style that isn't a fairly standard way of playing, and had instant success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
TAGG
February 11, 2017, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Said it before and will say it again.
He's full of hot air and BS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04smcln

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
forza ivano
February 11, 2017, 7:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from denni266

No not been today. not sure about poison  tho.. any way glad to see you are happy with things , keep hoping

Added to your inability to se anything positive is obviously your inability to read. I said I was glad to see you back.nothing more, nothing less. 1 week ago, Good performance, you don't go so say that you are unable to comment. Next week , bad performance, you don't get and amazingly you feel able to fire off your usual negative Shiite within 30 minutes of the final whistle.
Conclusion? You're full of Shiite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › out of his depth

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.