headingly_mariner
February 11, 2017, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from OllieGTFC
https://youtu.be/AeISHcF1ySU I actually feel sorry for Marcus, the guy is passionate and the players let him down

It's all deflection, he picks the team and sets them up. Bullshitting the fans at full time will only work once or twice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
lee65
February 11, 2017, 10:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Never an easy call to make, and I'm not even sure if it's the right or wrong thing to do, but it takes a strong guy to do that and credit due to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
barralad
February 11, 2017, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Most of what needed saying has been said but just a few observations on actual events in the game.
Macca saved Town from a far worse hammering but I'd like to see the first goal again because in real time it looked like he made their lads job for the first goal a bit easier by rushing out. His save in the second half from the chip from distance was extraordinary but perhaps now he'll be less prone to standing so far out of his goal.
It is impossible to fault Bolarinwa's effort and his strong running put Crewe (nearly) on the back foot but there was one moment where he took the ball off Assante's boot for a wild shot high/wide. Assante appeared incredulous!
I felt sorry for the young lad Dyson. The "service" was non-existant. He is too light to play a game requiring him to jump with experienced League 2 defenders.
We all know Bogle was our main (only?) goal threat but he brought the best out of Yousuff who looks a shadow of the player that did so well at Carlisle and Hartlepool without the big mans support.
We appeared to play a large part of the second half with a left back without a left foot (Collins)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
GYinScuntland
February 11, 2017, 10:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
We knew what was coming at 0-1 and said intercourse it, pub at 3. Shocking that we couldn't even get out the flipping ground before 0-4. Total embarrassment.
Anyone who thinks we haven't a right to moan because we bought a ticket... really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from OllieGTFC
https://youtu.be/AeISHcF1ySU I actually feel sorry for Marcus, the guy is passionate and the players let him down

When we have seen this thing at other clubs it has marked the beginning of the end Di Cannio, Phil Brown etc.... I hope not as that shows how much this means to him and how big his balls are.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Maringer
February 11, 2017, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Collins is left-footed. Or, at least, he has been in all the games I've seen him play!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
bobbyturtle
February 12, 2017, 1:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
just back, didnt work 352 before, left exposed again. better 2nd half 44 flipping 2

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Stew0_0
February 12, 2017, 2:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Woeful defensive display. Maybe uncharacteristic because we went from +2 to -3 goal difference in one match. Even collins had a bad game.
Only bright spark was osbourne again, dont understand the substitution of andrew as clements was by far the worst player on the field first half. Dyson got booked far too early and was off pace as was yussef and davies exposed on the right. Would have brought mills on for ben to counter against an impressive cooper who tore us apart first half and i dont understand why dagnall is playing at this level. Their loan player from middlesborough (no.16) was good too but town gifted crewe 4 goals first half and offered little going forward other than osbourne. On this showing we are greatly missing bogle as we were soooooo lightweight up top against big centre halfs.
Second half the game was already won and crewe took a stroll whilst we half heartedly tried to play for pride. Crewe could have stepped up a gear when they wanted and scored a fifth. Every player bar osbourne had mare today and this was the first time ever in 30 odd years that id ever left a game before the final whistle.
Very very disappointed but we need a response at newport
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
arryarryarry
February 12, 2017, 2:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,943
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Seen every game under Bignot so far and come to following conclusions

Squad overall improved in terms of individual players
Bit like Les Dawson on the piano, all the notes in wrong order. No clear pattern of play or system which for a full time pro manager is worrying.
Interviews  are a car crash. Tonight he ran out of cliches and his own answer for the performance was they got blown away in first twenty minutes. No excrement. The question was why. .......he was unable to answer and actually buried is head in his hands as was lost.

My fear is that if we see that he is full of cliches and seems more concerned about courting favour with fans by blowing smoke up our arses, the players will quickly suss him out too.

I'm not going to Newport, cos today has sapped me for a week

Bignot...honeymoon over lad and time to turn the talk into some walk.

I couldn't agree more. Recently I used two words to describe the Carlisle game and they were "absolutely magnificent" the Crewe game I will describe in two words "flipping garbage".

I didn't join in the MB love in, I was waiting to see how he got on and am beginning to think the Carlisle game was an exception.

I know for a fact some senior players don't rate the guy at all, but I will add that their opinions might be slightly affected by them being no longer in the team.

I'm not a big fan of this 3-5-2 system, yes it worked at Carlisle but most of the other games we have looked quite poor at times even in the games we have won.

The Newport match is a big game for MB, defeat and the knives will certainly be out.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Mariner93er
February 12, 2017, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I don't know how you can possibly say clements was the worst player first half, uses you completely ignore Davies and comley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.