3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
londonmariner2
February 11, 2017, 11:47am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
An extreme sports company investing £250 million pound. Maybe we are going to see some rad and sic football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 11, 2017, 12:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
As far as I've read, Extreme are not investing as such. They are an enabling company for sports and entertainment with scores of irons in different fires. They have done the recruiting of designers and architects. They are supposed to have some developers lined up for the actual building (according to the GT the other week) of the houses and the stadium. I can't be @rsed to look it up but when the first plan came out I thought JF said it may be that they are involved in the procuring and running of ancillary stuff like events and stuff once the thing is completed.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2017, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
As far as I've read, Extreme are not investing as such. They are an enabling company for sports and entertainment with scores of irons in different fires. They have done the recruiting of designers and architects. They are supposed to have some developers lined up for the actual building (according to the GT the other week) of the houses and the stadium. I can't be @rsed to look it up but when the first plan came out I thought JF said it may be that they are involved in the procuring and running of ancillary stuff like events and stuff once the thing is completed.

That's the way I understand it, though I am still a bit vague on who will own the football ground part of the development, if GTFC are tenants that sounds a bit risky to me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
dapperz fun pub
February 11, 2017, 12:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Who will own the stadium fenty ? The council? Extreme ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
londonmariner2
February 11, 2017, 12:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Who is paying for it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Bigdog
February 11, 2017, 1:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from londonmariner2
Who is paying for it?

The people who buy the houses in the end. Housing developer will buy the land to build I guess..

Edit  1600 plots at say £30 to £40k a plot adds up to £48m to £64m, which are around the ball park figure of £55m stadium build costs..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Bigdog
February 11, 2017, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That's the way I understand it, though I am still a bit vague on who will own the football ground part of the development, if GTFC are tenants that sounds a bit risky to me.

If the council own it, it would depend on how favourable the lease terms are. Usually in these cases, unlike a private landlord such as Coventry City, the rent should only be nominal.and on a long term lease, because the council could not afford for the project to fail..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 11, 2017, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Bigdog

If the council own it, it would depend on how favourable the lease terms are. Usually in these cases, rather than a private landlord such as Coventry City, the rent will only be nominal.and a long term lease, because the council could not afford for the project to fail..

There are still many unanswered questions. These questions are precisely what I was on about on the formal planning thread but folks are so keen to get the thing done and believe everything will be hunky dory that they don't want to think of these things.

I would suggest Rob merges these two threads and everyone can see everything then.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
psgmariner
February 11, 2017, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Who will own the stadium fenty ? The council? Extreme ?

I asked that at the fans forum. Nobody seems to know. My understanding is that "community" stadiums are usually owned by holding companies or the local council (eg Colchester's). So the football will not own it - something I am uneasy about but without Fenty or someone else spending their own millions it seems it is the only option.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
LH
February 11, 2017, 2:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
It's amazing that Extreme have £250m from selling clothes in that tiny shop in Freshney Place.

As for who's paying for it to be built I heard that Chiquitos are interested in being an anchor tenant. Fenty says that we ARE getting a stadium and a Mexican restaurant is paying for it.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.