Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 750k...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

750k...

This thread currently has 3,513 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
LH
February 3, 2017, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Sell on clause could be anything from a penny to £25m. I hope we've put a fee reasonable performancd clauses in - e.g an extra bit of cash once he plays 50 games/scores 20 goals etc. Maybe even a few slightly more farfetched ones like a promotion to the PL or a call up to the England squad.

Are sell on clauses just clauses on the initial contract or do they apply to new contracts at the same club or even apply to sales with a new club (a percentage of a sell on to - in this case - Wigan)?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
ginnywings
February 3, 2017, 9:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Contracts are beyond the realms of mere mortals now. I read the other day that it can take a year of negotiations to realise a big name agreement like Pogba. Even the agent fee has to be negotiated before they can move forward, not to mention addons, kit deals, release clauses in case someone else comes along and wants to sign them for more, release clauses to play for their country, image rights, etc etc, it goes on and on. I know Omar is not in that kind of company but it's all convoluted and everyone wants a slice of the action.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
pizzzza
February 3, 2017, 9:33pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from chaos33

How does that work then? We can't know what the add ons are worth. For example, if they sell in 2 years for 6 million, then 25% = 1.5million. I don't understand how the add ons can be ascribed a set figure and included in the 500k ????

Hint: Grimsby2012's posts are bullshit.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 750k...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.