Reply: 11 - 14
BackHeelTony
February 2, 2017, 1:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Macca should take a look at his mate Shaun if he wants an example of how to react when dropped!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
HertsGTFC
February 2, 2017, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Mariner_09
McKeown, Pearson, Toto, Arnold, Dis, John-Lewis.

Those 6 for me represent and epitomise the Hurst era, a mixture of workhorses as well as quality footballers and most if not all club legends or at least cult heroes.

Gowling, Tait, Magnay, Podge and Omar also to a lesser extent.

Toto? I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
rancido
February 2, 2017, 8:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Macca has the ideal opportunity to see what he needs to do to get back in the team by watching Deano while he's keeping the bench warm ! Deano has a lot more command of his six yard area than Macca and is certainly better in the air.
I think Macca has been a good keeper for us at the level we were playing, especially top level of non-league but I think he has reached his level and I certainly don't see him as a League 1 keeper or a League 2 keeper in a team hoping for promotion. He now has until the end of the season to apply himself and get back into first team contention. Deano will definitely go at the end of the season and it certainly isn't a healthy situation to be dependant on a loan keeper as your first choice. One thing is for sure and that is , based on this transfer window, MB will certainly find a first choice keeper to replace Macca if he has to.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.