Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 149 Guests

Sam Jones

This thread currently has 5,345 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
February 1, 2017, 6:19am
Guest User
Just an idea for a song and the clever ones out there who come up with the songs for the terraces surely someone can come up with a song to the tune of 80's film  FLASH GORDON (for those not in the know the actor Sam Jones played him in the film)   could he be the saviour or the mariners!!!!
BeijingMariner
February 1, 2017, 6:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 40
that's not a bad idea, it scans quite nicely, exactly as you suggested. worth a try....

Orig: FLASH! ahah  saviour of the universe
New: SAM!    Jones saviour of the Mariners
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Mariner Timsky
February 1, 2017, 6:52am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
He could very well be. But Omar was our man , , out hero our current playing legend. So now it's time for a new one, , we have plenty of players now, , more than we've had for a good while! It's time for one or more to shine. Exciting times ahead. UTM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Cloudy
February 1, 2017, 7:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I am told this guy is really creative, the sort of playmaker we have been craving.

Yes needs to settle in to what is virtually a new side but he could be the best of our recent additions

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Chris Packit
February 1, 2017, 1:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -143
I think he might turn out to be the best of MB's signings but can't see room for him and Osbourne in the same midfield if we play 2 holding players. One striker is an option maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Mariner_09
February 1, 2017, 1:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Maybe Chris, but with three centre halves, two very fit and athletic wing backs and a naturally defensive midfielder, I think there's enough defensive strength on the pitch, Osborne also looked as if he'd track back and get into shape when necessary.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
moosey_club
February 1, 2017, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Shouldn't we just laugh when his name is mentioned given that was his reported response to our previous interest ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Grimsby2012
February 1, 2017, 2:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
His name is sam, oh oh, he really likes jam oh oh. his name is sam, oh oh and he likes jam, oh oh......

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Maringer
February 1, 2017, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I suppose he could always play just off a front man as well, almost as a striker. Only problem there is that we don't really have a player with the right attributes to play as a lone striker, unless Asante is up to the job, of course. Also, with wingbacks, we really need a couple of forwards playing or there is a risk of becoming too defensive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Sigone
February 1, 2017, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,607
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 1972
Just an idea for a song and the clever ones out there who come up with the songs for the terraces surely someone can come up with a song to the tune of 80's film  FLASH GORDON (for those not in the know the actor Sam Jones played him in the film)   could he be the saviour or the mariners!!!!

Pick one from this list...please not the Aqua one though
http://www.songfacts.com/search-songs-1.php?Jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.