Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team versus Luton?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Team versus Luton?

This thread currently has 12,576 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
February 1, 2017, 10:39am
Guest User
Christ, this is like that problem where you have to get the fox, chicken and corn across the river in a boat without anything being eaten.
Reply: 20 - 80
Maringer
February 1, 2017, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,381
Gold Stars: 184
Though Bolarinwa has been written off by many, I understand that he often played through the middle for Sutton, so perhaps he'll get a chance up front during the rest of the season?

Certainly doesn't look as though we're going to be playing with wingers so could be the only way he'll get a look in! Still probably best as an impact player, however.

I can only imagine we'll continue with the 3-5-2 on Saturday but the question is who will play in the middle? The signing of Jones seems a strange one as he'll basically be playing the same role as Osborne, from what I can see - attacking midfielder.  I can't see there would be room for both of them in the team and don't imagine Comley will be dropped so that will leave us with five or six players to choose from for a couple of positions. Vernon almost certain to start, I'd have thought, as he is the only one of our strikers with much in the way of experience, probably alongside Asante who is the only one big enough to lead the line.

Could be an interesting result on Saturday, especially as they've just signed Palmer.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2017, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,891
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from Maringer
Though Bolarinwa has been written off by many, I understand that he often played through the middle for Sutton, so perhaps he'll get a chance up front during the rest of the season?

Certainly doesn't look as though we're going to be playing with wingers so could be the only way he'll get a look in! Still probably best as an impact player, however.

I can only imagine we'll continue with the 3-5-2 on Saturday but the question is who will play in the middle? The signing of Jones seems a strange one as he'll basically be playing the same role as Osborne, from what I can see - attacking midfielder.  I can't see there would be room for both of them in the team and don't imagine Comley will be dropped so that will leave us with five or six players to choose from for a couple of positions. Vernon almost certain to start, I'd have thought, as he is the only one of our strikers with much in the way of experience, probably alongside Asante who is the only one big enough to lead the line.

Could be an interesting result on Saturday, especially as they've just signed Palmer.  

I have not got a Scooby who starts but all I know is that he well have to field a combination that gets a better quality supply to the front players than in recent weeks, ideally through the mid field with the ball o the ground................ eventually!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
Abdul19
February 1, 2017, 10:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 215
Henderson

Mills
Gunning
Pearson
Collins
Andrew

Comley
Osborne
Jones

Vernon
Dyson

Or probably something else

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
AussieMariner
February 1, 2017, 11:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 97
Christ, this is like that problem where you have to get the fox, chicken and corn across the river in a boat without anything being eaten.

Corn that eats foxes? Crikey I didn't realise how much had changed since I left. Is this something to do with genetic engineering?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
forza ivano
February 1, 2017, 11:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from grimsby pete

We do not need 11 if we get another 2 wins that should be enough. 45pts will be plenty.

i'm sure Bristol Rovers fans were thinking the same thing a couple of seasons ago,when they ended up going down with 50 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
Bigdog
February 1, 2017, 11:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I don't expect a settled side for a good few weeks/months. Every new player will get their chance and will more likely be introduced at a time when MB thinks they're match ready rather than for tactical reasons. MB has the relative luxury of being able to assess the squad in real game time situations in readiness for the summer transfer window and hitting the ground running next season. Inconsistent but exciting times ahead I guess..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
ginnywings
February 1, 2017, 11:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Well, how do we pick the bones out of that? I have never known such a rapid turnover of playing staff in all my years as a Town fan. It is more than likely that we will field a team on Saturday that Pearson apart, not one player will have played 30 games for the club. Among them will be quite a few that have between zero and two games respectively. I'm all for the change but even i am thinking this is a bit much and a massive gamble. I hope it pays off at some point but it could crash and burn against a decent Luton side.

The team Abdul has picked looks about as good as it gets to me with the players we now have to pick from.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
Mariner_09
February 1, 2017, 11:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Henderson

Pearson
Collins
Gunning

Mills
Comley
Osborne
Jones
Andrew

Asante
Dyson

Bench: McKeown, Davies, Boyce, Dis, Bolarinwa, Vernon, Yussuf

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2017, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,891
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from ginnywings
Well, how do we pick the bones out of that? I have never known such a rapid turnover of playing staff in all my years as a Town fan. It is more than likely that we will field a team on Saturday that Pearson apart, not one player will have played 30 games for the club. Among them will be quite a few that have between zero and two games respectively. I'm all for the change but even i am thinking this is a bit much and a massive gamble. I hope it pays off at some point but it could crash and burn against a decent Luton side.

The team Abdul has picked looks about as good as it gets to me with the players we now have to pick from.

Wow, Ginny you are the King of "holding your nerve" if your feeling twitchy this is change indeed. I would feel better if this was the start of a new season but either way we are not going down as there is a couple of wins and draws we will get to see us safe, so lets roll with it for a bit.

I doubt it will happen Saturday but personally I would really like to come away from Blundell Park thinking we had played well with the ball on the ground.   .  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team versus Luton?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.