Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle Transfer news
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 189 Guests

Omar Bogle Transfer news

This thread currently has 91,184 views. Print
44 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
February 1, 2017, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Cab I point out that it was Paul Hurst who convinced Omar to join us over other Conference clubs and allegedly league clubs at the time as well. The same Paul Hurst had the foresight to give him a three year deal and equally the same Paul Hurst who couldn't sign a striker to save his life who turned 30k into over £1m! He can smile with deep satisfaction this evening.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 390 - 438
ackomariner
February 1, 2017, 10:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09
Cab I point out that it was Paul Hurst who convinced Omar to join us over other Conference clubs and allegedly league clubs at the time as well. The same Paul Hurst had the foresight to give him a three year deal and equally the same Paul Hurst who couldn't sign a striker to save his life who turned 30k into over £1m! He can smile with deep satisfaction this evening.

Think you'll find that it was JF that persuied Omar, Hurst didn't want him

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 391 - 438
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 1, 2017, 10:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mariner_09

It was JF who signed Bogle. Hurst was forced into it by the fans' OP expectations. It was also Hurst who was apparently reluctant to let Bogle be Bogle.

However, water under the bridge. Three points against Luton is the main item on the agenda now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 392 - 438
Mrs Doyle
February 1, 2017, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859

It was JF who signed Bogle. Hurst was forced into it by the fans' OP expectations. It was also Hurst who was apparently reluctant to let Bogle be Bogle.

However, water under the bridge. Three points against Luton is the main item on the agenda now.

Some might not want to hear this but thought the Mullins provided funds to allow Bogz and others to become GTFC players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 393 - 438
gtfc98
February 1, 2017, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Some might not want to hear this but thought the Mullins provided funds to allow Bogz and others to become GTFC players.

Nah it was us

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 394 - 438
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2017, 11:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So are you saying that you find it odd that a club could block a move if a player wanted to go?  Or that they should not term players as assets and therefore available for sale.

I'm saying the whole system is medieval viewed one way. Assuming you're not a professional footballer you'd think it odd if your employer could block your recruitment by another company.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 395 - 438
jaygy
February 2, 2017, 6:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm saying the whole system is medieval viewed one way. Assuming you're not a professional footballer you'd think it odd if your employer could block your recruitment by another company.

But on the other hand if you contract a builder to build you a house and then half way through he decides he has a better offer building elsewhere. It's all about contacts at the end of the day and if players sign one then they must stick by it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 396 - 438
Squarkus
February 2, 2017, 7:02am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from ackomariner

Think you'll find that it was JF that persuied Omar, Hurst didn't want him

that is fact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 397 - 438
Cloudy
February 2, 2017, 7:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Squarkus

that is fact.

And you should know
Private Message
Reply: 398 - 438
LondonMariner43
February 2, 2017, 7:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
This may have been mentioned elsewhere on this thread (I confess I haven't read all 40 pages) but this quote from MB shows why it was right to sell Omar:
"ging for him – career-wise – I know also how much it will mean to him to be able to financially support his family."

This is a life changing move for him and a chance to have financial security.  That chance doesn't always come again.  It's important that the club respects that.  Also, it's a sign to other players signing for us that if they do well, when the time comes we will do the right thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 399 - 438
44 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle Transfer news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.