Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Realistically..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 103 Guests

Realistically..

This thread currently has 4,867 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2017, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
I think we can get the play-offs but I think we will be saying cheerio to at least 4 or 5 in the coming week. Sadly, I think that will include Josh Gowling and Craig Disley on the basis of what MB said post-match - 'players who need to be playing at their age'. I expect Jackson and Vose to go back to their clubs plus one of Summerfield and Berrett to be allowed to go.
Private Message
Mariner93er
January 21, 2017, 10:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,666
Gold Stars: 28
What gives me confidence is that we find ourselves in this position without really having put any kind of run together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
IlkleyMariner
January 21, 2017, 10:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,879
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Mariner93er
What gives me confidence is that we find ourselves in this position without really having put any kind of run together.

Agreed-even when we lost at Donny, we were not outclassed by a team which is running away with the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2017, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think we can get the play-offs but I think we will be saying cheerio to at least 4 or 5 in the coming week. Sadly, I think that will include Josh Gowling and Craig Disley on the basis of what MB said post-match - 'players who need to be playing at their age'. I expect Jackson and Vose to go back to their clubs plus one of Summerfield and Berrett to be allowed to go.

Just said on another thread about Josh & Dis, also Vose wont be with us next season regardless so though I reckon he's got good talent it would make sense to get him moved on now. Jacko works hard but again no long term future. If we can't get another wide player to give balance you may also see Tombola go out on loan for the rest of the season.

Re the play offs I think we are "possible rather than probable" but if we keep Hendo and the back 3 keep gelling we might not concede many but how many can we score? Start creating more chances and scoring more goals who knows?    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
KingstonMariner
January 21, 2017, 11:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe he means players in their twenties. Those who should be hitting their peak.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
lukeo
January 22, 2017, 8:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,292
Gold Stars: 133
agree with the above. .. would love to see Disley go get regular football then come back as some sort of coaching role one day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Cloudy
January 22, 2017, 9:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from lukeo
agree with the above. .. would love to see Disley go get regular football then come back as some sort of coaching role one day

Has Disley shown any interest/inclination in coaching? Haven't read of any involvement in the SOE/Academy unlike Pearson, McKeown and previously Stockdale etc
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
diehardmariner
January 23, 2017, 4:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,981
Gold Stars: 516
Quite a few ways you could take Bignot's comments post-game on Saturday.

He mentioned about players needing to get games but then backed it up with something about if their contracts are ending at the season and they can get an 18-month deal to replace the six-months left on their current deal.

He also made a loose reference to age with players needing to be playing at their age.  Could take that as Berrett, Summerfield etc. but also someone like Bolarinwa who is 26 and whilst he's effectively a first year professional, he's still at an age where he can't really afford to spend too long on the sidelines.  

We're starting to see Bignot stamping his style on how we play and from what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised to see any of Gowling, Berrett, Summerfield plus Jackson and Vose going back to their clubs.  With regards Bolarinwa perhaps a loan spell to a Conference side is on the cards to give him football but also aid his step up process.    Disley appears to be a favourite to leave but I'm not so sure. He's worked his way back in favour and neither Summerfield or Berrett have managed to reclaim a place in the squad since injury.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Les Brechin
January 23, 2017, 4:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Can we send Jackson and Vose back if they are on season-long loans. I didn't think you could.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Southwark Mariner
January 23, 2017, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,528
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from Cloudy

Has Disley shown any interest/inclination in coaching? Haven't read of any involvement in the SOE/Academy unlike Pearson, McKeown and previously Stockdale etc

I think I read a few season ago that Disley had completed an accountancy course.....probably defensive accountancy more than creative perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Realistically..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.