9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikoo
January 21, 2017, 5:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Really enjoyed that
Midfield looked solid today with the new additions and the wingbacks were brilliant.

Chuffed for Vernon as well getting his goal

Andrew my MOTM had their winger in his pocket, won every header, some brilliant balls into the box and could have score too

Onwards and upwards, UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 21, 2017, 5:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Great to get the win, delighted for Vernon, got his goal and his all round play was excellent, got a lot of unfair stick from some. Shaun my MOM some of his passes were beckenbaur-esque! Midfield looked good with comley excellent in front of the back 4. Notts county looked a very poor side but delighted to get those 3 points. Another 3 and we are secured our place next seaosn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 84
Marinerz93
January 21, 2017, 5:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
A much needed win and great that Vernon got a goal, really looking forward to this side develop.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 84
mariner tommy
January 21, 2017, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Thoroughly enjoyable, everyone played their part and Osborne and Comley ran the show in the middle.
Great for Vernon to get his goal.
And what a save by Henderson from the free kick in the 89th minute.
Really great result.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2017, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Positives - debutants, Comley, Vernon, the back line (especially the wing-backs), Deano's save

Negatives - There's no 'I' in team Omar!

Highlight - Scott Vernon thinking he was being subbed 10 minutes before he was!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 84
ginnywings
January 21, 2017, 5:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
A good, if not sparkling performance. Some good signs of things to come but has to be said that Notts were the ideal opposition for the new lads to bed in. Clements competent  and Osbourne showed signs of what he is about, though i think he needs to adjust a bit to the quicker pace in this league. Liked what i saw though. Vernon showed what he is about and i was over the moon when he got the goal his performance deserved. Critics answered for me.

Getting the first goal forced them to bring on a winger at half time and Andrew had a field day second half. Mills also played very well on the other side but for me Comley was MOM and looked really good in there. A good solid performance to build on.

Henderson makes such a difference and pulled off a great save near the end. The defence looks more solid with him behind them, though i think he will be away soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 84
Theimperialcoroner
January 21, 2017, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,050
Gold Stars: 92
How were the two marks of respect today?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 84
mariner tommy
January 21, 2017, 5:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
How were the two marks of respect today?

Spot on, both of them.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 84
MeanwoodMariner
January 21, 2017, 5:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Had to rely on the Notts Co commentators. They agreed that we were good, comfortably the better side, and they singled out Comley & Clements as the best Town players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 84
MarinerDevil
January 21, 2017, 5:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 78
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 84
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.