psgmariner
January 20, 2017, 7:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
A Club Statement from Chief Executive Alessandro Angelieri reads as follows

“The actions of the club over the past two and a half years have always been in good faith and that can never be doubted. A squad without future was inherited, and has been completely renewed with it today including a number of talents aged between 17 and 24.

Mr Becchetti did not like the fan protests because at the beginning of the season everyone, supporters included, praised the club for their summer transfer business.  Thereafter Mr Becchetti doesn’t play on Saturday.

I think that within common sense, Mr Becchetti will continue to fund the club, though appropriate offers for the club will be considered. One offer has been received, but it was not acceptable for a number of reasons.

In regards to player departures, since last February Jay Simpson had scored six goals, and from last summer he had been trying to leave the club. Andy Edwards rightly decided to leave him out of the squad because of his lack of commitment to Leyton Orient.

Jordan Bowery’s contribution during the first half of the season was imperceptible, so his departure can be considered neutral, while Alan Dunne was out of the plans under both Andy Hessenthaler and Andy Edwards.

In terms of funds available, it’s not the club that has to give guarantees to Andy Edwards, but vice versa. Andy can count on prospects who he has helped nurture like Sam Sargeant, Aron Pollock, Sandro Semedo, Myles Judd, Sam Dalby and Tristan Abrahams who has scored 20 goals for the youth team this season, as well as great young talents like Paul McCallum and Gavin Massey who are players with fantastic qualities, and have a massive desire that was lacking from players in the past like Darius Henderson, Jobi McAnuff and Jordan Bowery.

I think that my absence due to ill health could have had some negative effect, but I believe even further that the absence of Mr Becchetti during the last three months has had a more negative impact on the squad. His personal business did not allow him to be close to the team, when he would usually come to the training ground every Friday and to the games on a Saturday. Mr Becchetti has a great charisma and the players definitely feel his absence.

We are fully confident that we will remain in the Football League come the end of the season but if relegation was to unfortunately happen we will keep our current policy in place of promoting and showing faith in young players."

Private Message
psgmariner
January 20, 2017, 7:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
That's way worse than anything Town have churned out.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
ClarkyGTFC
January 20, 2017, 7:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +411
Gold Stars: 5
Is it time to make a sly bid for Ollie palmer 😜
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
January 20, 2017, 7:46pm
Guest User
Jesus. And I imagine they must have thought about that statement. Feel so sorry for their fans, their muppet of a manager and I am gutted I didn't get serious money on their relegation.

All that is wrong with modern football.
Reply: 3 - 21
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2017, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from psgmariner
That's way worse than anything Town have churned out.

Our owner (non chairman) actually cares as he s a fan of his local club so there sits the difference.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
forza ivano
January 20, 2017, 9:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
Fenty probably thought it was a  pretty good statement!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
chaos33
January 20, 2017, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Fascinating. Think their season hangs in the balance. They've got Morecambe tomorrow.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2017, 9:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano
Fenty probably thought it was a  pretty good statement!

Fashionable comment that............... 4 years ago!

Time to move on I think.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
LH
January 20, 2017, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Makes ours look amateurish. Not sure if that's a compliment or not.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
KingstonMariner
January 20, 2017, 9:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Google Translate?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leyton Orient Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.