This thread currently has 1,466 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
oldun
January 16, 2017, 1:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just watched these. We looked reasonably OK in the first half, passed the ball around pretty well and threatened several times down the left via Danny Andrew. Should have done better for the corner but it dropped kindly for Reid. Second half a different story especially after Collin's uncharacteristic poor pass let them in for number 2. They grew in confidence a played very well going forward, Even so Bogle had a couple decent chances. 3rd goal was an excellent individual goal and we don't have anyone capable of doing that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TownSNAFU5
January 16, 2017, 1:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
I thought that they would eventually score in the first half.  They looked the team most likely to.  Only some good blocks and timely tackles prevented them having more shots at goal or on target.  My views anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
arryarryarry
January 16, 2017, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,925
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from oldun
Just watched these. We looked reasonably OK in the first half, passed the ball around pretty well and threatened several times down the left via Danny Andrew. Should have done better for the corner but it dropped kindly for Reid. Second half a different story especially after Collin's uncharacteristic poor pass let them in for number 2. They grew in confidence a played very well going forward, Even so Bogle had a couple decent chances. 3rd goal was an excellent individual goal and we don't have anyone capable of doing that.

Considering we didn't have any shots on target in the entire game I don't think the word "threatened" can be used in any description of Saturday's performance.

As for their 3rd goal, nice run but crap defending by both Disley and Gunning.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
ginnywings
January 16, 2017, 3:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I thought that they would eventually score in the first half.  They looked the team most likely to.  Only some good blocks and timely tackles prevented them having more shots at goal or on target.  My views anyway.

That was our feeling as well. The movement from their front three was very good and they stretched us constantly. They got the goals at good times for them as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
jaygy
January 16, 2017, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I think I will give them a miss this week, I've got some paint drying that needs watching
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Garth
January 17, 2017, 9:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Match Highlights

More like Lowlights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.