3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 12:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217

A lot of us will be but what is your point? Do we have to stay for every single second of every single game when we are 3-0 down at home?

Why bother to go after the final whistle - lets wait till the players have warmed down (or warmed up in some cases) had a bath, got on the team bus and ordered a takeaway.

Agree, I'll have a 53 with fried rice

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
GYinScuntland
January 15, 2017, 12:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Sorry if I disappointed fellow supporters but after the third went in I dicked off and was home a lot sooner than normal. As is my right.
It gave me a more time to faff around on that interney thing booking trains and hotels for the next few away games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
grimps
January 15, 2017, 6:48am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
I've heard people say that you wouldn't leave a film early at the cinema , Well I would if I knew how it ended and seen the same film 100s of times before.
There are no medals for staying till the end and maybe the players walking off the pitch to an empty stadium will give them the kick up the bottom needed so nothing like that happens again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Davec
January 15, 2017, 9:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Ahh the leaving early argument again

Personally I have never left early and never will, but if people do want to leave early it is totally their prerogative, like it is our prerogative to choose to stay.

I don't blame people for leaving early after yesterday's abysmal performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Garth
January 15, 2017, 9:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I left five minutes early because it was the worst home match from a Town point of view that I`ve seen for many a year and I`d had enough after the second gift goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
ska face
January 15, 2017, 9:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 824
Just a quick reminder for everyone who leaves early - nobody's really interested in your parting comments as you head for the exit. There's always a large number walking out who can't resist telling everyone else that they're leaving because it's excrement - we know, we've been watching too. Same goes for those in the main stand who can't resist spouting off at the manager on the way. Seen countless problems starting over the years because of this.

Leave whenever you like, but don't expect everyone else to join you on the basis of you looking back into the stand shouting "fooking rubbish!"  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
MuddyWaters
January 15, 2017, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ska face
Just a quick reminder for everyone who leaves early - nobody's really interested in your parting comments as you head for the exit. There's always a large number walking out who can't resist telling everyone else that they're leaving because it's excrement - we know, we've been watching too. Same goes for those in the main stand who can't resist spouting off at the manager on the way. Seen countless problems starting over the years because of this.

Leave whenever you like, but don't expect everyone else to join you on the basis of you looking back into the stand shouting "fooking rubbish!"  

What if you decide to leave without making a parting comment? Any advice for those of us who prefer to vent our spleen on here?

Listen (to quote Mr Bignot) - I totally agree with you - but I wasn't aware that you had to follow a Code of Conduct to be a Town fan, I thought if you pay to watch, you are, within reason, allowed to have such thing as an opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
ska face
January 15, 2017, 10:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 824
Who's calling for a code of conduct? I'm merely pointing out that these attention seekers are a set of boring illegitimates, in the main, and their attempts to get a pat on the back very rarely result in anything other than someone telling them to hurry up out the way.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
robborhino
January 15, 2017, 10:09am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
it only annoys me when people leave when its currently a draw or only 1 goal in it, yesterday when the 3rd goal went it I couldn't blame anyone for leaving early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
IlkleyMariner
January 15, 2017, 10:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
If you want to leave a match early.................... why not start watching Sunderland-they regularly get into a match losing position before half-time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When Saturday Comes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.