Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When Saturday Comes
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 222 Guests

When Saturday Comes

This thread currently has 4,401 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
January 14, 2017, 7:38pm
Guest User
Win or lose, Grimsby are my Club and with fifteen minutes left I was disappointed to see the mass exodus. So we had a bad day, gave to much respect to Exeter with our defensive formation, excuses etc.

Margins are fine, today we didn't have much luck and at times the referee favoured Exeter. Last week I went to Hartlepool and was proud to be part of the Club. It's been nearly a month since we lost but why can't you back the players when things don't go to plan?

We move on together, to the next games, Notts County then Stevenage - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM
promotion plaice
January 14, 2017, 7:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Like many others I left with 10 minutes to go and the game was clearly lost which I am perfectly entitled to do as a season ticket holder.
I will still be 100% behind Town every time I attend games.

As you rightly say - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
ginnywings
January 14, 2017, 9:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
One of our group left because he has a debilitating illness and was freezing to the point he was dithering. Is that alright with you? I hate all this pointing the finger at the fans, as though it makes a difference whether they decide to leave early or not. The game was gone and nothing was happening. Even if everyone had started to sing at the tops of their voices, there was no coming back. Three of our group remained and clapped off the teams, especially Exeter but it doesn't make us better fans than the one of us who left, or anyone else for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2017, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 28195
Win or lose, Grimsby are my Club and with fifteen minutes left I was disappointed to see the mass exodus. So we had a bad day, gave to much respect to Exeter with our defensive formation, excuses etc.

Margins are fine, today we didn't have much luck and at times the referee favoured Exeter. Last week I went to Hartlepool and was proud to be part of the Club. It's been nearly a month since we lost but why can't you back the players when things don't go to plan?

We move on together, to the next games, Notts County then Stevenage - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM

Well done. As a paying STH, Grimsby Town fan of 48 years, I, along with others, reserve the right to leave if I want. Today, particularly after half-time was a shambles, including not mentioning Graham Taylor's playing career in the tribute, culminating in a disrespectful interview with the manager who got it wrong today.

Bad day at the office - maybe - but our home form is not getting any better and today reminded me of the dark days of non-league, so I left (and it was cold!)
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2017, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I stuck around till the end, always do but I can't remember the ground emptying like that for a long while.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
headingly_mariner
January 14, 2017, 9:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I never leave early just in case I miss a wonder goal or the world's must unlikely comeback. I don't blame anyone else for leaving though, that was shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
RichMariner
January 14, 2017, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I never leave early just in case I miss a wonder goal or the world's must unlikely comeback. I don't blame anyone else for leaving though, that was shite.

Same. Only a few weeks ago AFC Wimbledon did a remarkable comeback to win 4-3 from 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go.

Once in a lifetime stuff, I know, but while there are minutes on the clock you never know!

If anything freaky happens, I'll know for sure that I'll see it  

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
ponnyfan
January 14, 2017, 11:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Never leave early....might creep towards the exit...but never leave before the whistle 😞

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
TAGG
January 15, 2017, 12:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 28195

Fuk it I left with 10 to go.
That may be bad but not as bad as the Manager and the team leaving after 45 minutes
😛

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2017, 12:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 28195

A lot of us will be but what is your point? Do we have to stay for every single second of every single game when we are 3-0 down at home?

Why bother to go after the final whistle - lets wait till the players have warmed down (or warmed up in some cases) had a bath, got on the team bus and ordered a takeaway.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When Saturday Comes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.