SteffiMariner
January 15, 2017, 5:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
We are simply not good enough to play out from the back, we do not have the players to be able to do this.  Nothing wrong with trying to play some nice football higher up the park, but when the pressure is on we need to clear our lines brutally.

UTM

Only quoting this bit as the rest is even more balderdash, but clearing things brutally just invites pressure back on to the team. The playing out from the bag should mean we keep the ball and work our way up the field, not lump it forward for the opposition centre halves to get the ball, give it to their midfield and cause is problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
Cloudy
January 15, 2017, 5:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
We are simply not good enough to play out from the back, we do not have the players to be able to do this.  Nothing wrong with trying to play some nice football higher up the park, but when the pressure is on we need to clear our lines brutally.  Also nothing wrong with a goal kick instead of a throw.  Bignot laughs about these issues and is very disrespectful to JT, who is a massive town, that will rub people up the wrong way straightaway.  I too am not a fan of David Burns , but to be fair to him, he would rip Bignot to bits in a post match display as woeful as the Exeter game. You tend to get what you pay for in life, and in Bignot, yet again we have brought our manager out of fooball's Poundland.  Time will tell, but we look awful so far, and the more worrying aspect of all of this is that the entertainment and enjoyment has vanished from BP since MB took charge.  

UTM

Burns always licked Bruce's bottom at Hull after a defeat, never challenged him just fanned his ego
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
ginnywings
January 15, 2017, 5:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

Aren't they just having a meeting to decide when to have the meeting about the date for the council report?

No idea. I know a meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, which was a guess at answering the question to as what is happening on Wednesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
friskneymariner
January 15, 2017, 6:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Only quoting this bit as the rest is even more balderdash, but clearing things brutally just invites pressure back on to the team. The playing out from the bag should mean we keep the ball and work our way up the field, not lump it forward for the opposition centre halves to get the ball, give it to their midfield and cause is problems.

Blimey thats going to handicap us if we have to play out of a bag.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
moosey_club
January 15, 2017, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Kris2

Aren't they just having a meeting to decide when to have the meeting about the date for the council report?

I think its a meeting to decide if they need another meeting to decide if the report needs another meeting..isnt it ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
TheCodfather1966
January 15, 2017, 8:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
How do you play out of a bag !!!!  Will being in a new ground improve our football.............  fail to see the relevance of the new ground.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
MidnightMariner
January 15, 2017, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 24
I believe Wednesday may be the day Osbourne /Asante deals are done..... According to some on SM message board ?
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MidnightMariner
I believe Wednesday may be the day Osbourne /Asante deals are done..... According to some on SM message board ?
UTM

The old "reliable source" is clearly alive, well and popular in the West Midlands too.

These lads if signed will bring something I'm sure but it would be amazing if they changes things over night, be patient if they sign manage your expectations as we are getting some potential but not finished FL players.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
The Yard Dog
January 15, 2017, 8:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from MidnightMariner
UTM

That's my understanding as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
ginnywings
January 15, 2017, 8:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from The Yard Dog

That's my understanding as well

So, two things to look forward to on Wednesday then.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disgrace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.