January 14, 2017, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Your'e entitled to your opinion fella.

But for me (and this is my opinion)  its another example of the over the top reactions I have come to expect on this forum after every single game. Occasionally  positive after a win when we are going to win the league and then how much we are the biggest load of shite after a defeat.

Anyone who was there today will know it was not good enough today. The manager knows it, the players know it and the fans know it. We offered very little threat going forward today. It was a bad day at the office. (though bear in mind we were playing the team with the best away record in league today..just a thought)

But we are still in mid table....nearer the play offs than relegation. After 6 years of non league i will take that right now. Today was bump in the road...there's been a few this year (as well as some good days) and no doubt there will be more along the way. Its not like we are bottom of the league and staring into the abyss. kinnel we could be in York City's position.

Bignot has made the step up to League 2 like most of the players. He has inherited a solid team but one he clearly feels he needs to improve so he can get them playing the way he wants. It's too soon to start demanding for the managers head on a stick.

Hopefully he can get another couple of new faces in during this window and no doubt he will have thoughts on players in and outs during the summer. Once he has put his mark on the squad that will be the time to review how we have progressed (or not) and how Bignot is doing.

Sounds about right t me, though one concern that I have is that Marcus has said openly that the current group is not strong enough how does that make you feel if you are part of that group?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2017, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimal

I can pick a positive, Gunning looks an excellent aquisition judging on the 45 minutes he played.

Really? from where I sit we had a pretty good view of him and I am not sure what he added, he has a lot of work to do on fitness and is looking "chunky" to say the least. Also backed off the player for the 3rd goal when he should have put his foot in.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Garth
January 14, 2017, 8:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Really? from where I sit we had a pretty good view of him and I am not sure what he added, he has a lot of work to do on fitness and is looking "chunky" to say the least. Also backed off the player for the 3rd goal when he should have put his foot in.  

What did Pearson do wrong first half, was he injured?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
golfer
January 14, 2017, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He made one or two forages into midfield but had no-one to help him. The midfield just stood watching as though they were afraid to go into the opposing half. Andrew was obviously asked to play more as a winger but was only covered when Gunning came on. Andrew was often unmarked on the wing but non of the midfielders had the sense or skill to pass to him. Actually I could see Andrew making a better midfielder than any of our present crew. I think Gunning will make a vast improvement and feel he is a very clever signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
TAGG
January 14, 2017, 11:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Garth

What did Pearson do wrong first half, was he injured?

Did MB spit his dummy out with Pearson for not taking a free kick fast enough.
They were having a bit of a row about it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 12:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer

He made one or two forages into midfield but had no-one to help him. The midfield just stood watching as though they were afraid to go into the opposing half. Andrew was obviously asked to play more as a winger but was only covered when Gunning came on. Andrew was often unmarked on the wing but non of the midfielders had the sense or skill to pass to him. Actually I could see Andrew making a better midfielder than any of our present crew. I think Gunning will make a vast improvement and feel he is a very clever signing

But forget about Andrew Gunning stood and watched when he should have tackled the lad for the 3rd goal he didn't make the tackle as he was knackered. So from what you have seen of Gunning to say how he will add? 45 average mins today and You Tube? He may be a good player but I am mystified why he replaced Pearson unless Shaun was injured. If Shaun was pulled off for his role in the first goal then surely after the 2nd Collins wont start the next game.  

BTW I agree about the mid field.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
Meza
January 15, 2017, 12:23am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
I'll tell you what a disgrace is on how bloody fickle you lot really are.  You want instant success and when we do well you still find time to moan about something.  I hate town losing just as much as anyone else...but im intelligent to know that mid table is were we will finish as well as winning games we are expected to lose and vice versa.  Its a huge learning for the players as well as having a fairly new manager trying to make his mark.  Of course your all entitled to your opinion but sometimes i  wonder why BP is like a graveyard.  We've just got back into league 2 and i think some of you have forgotten that we aren't gonna win all the time.  Keep the faith, enjoy the ride and stop putting so much pressure on the team and yourself.  

Sorry to rant but after a while i couldn't keep quite.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
promotion plaice
January 15, 2017, 12:34am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Sounds about right t me, though one concern that I have is that Marcus has said openly that the current group is not strong enough how does that make you feel if you are part of that group?

It gives you a kick up the derriere and rightly so.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 12:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

It gives you a kick up the derriere and rightly so.

But he's been saying it for a couple of weeks so on the basis of today is it working?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disgrace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.