This thread currently has 9,805 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
January 14, 2017, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
There's very few times in my 40 plus years of supporting Town that I have felt ashamed  of my team but today sadly was one of those times.  We were gutless, clueless, hapless and a complete and utter shambles.  We had no tactics, no formation and clearly no idea.  We were terrified oF Exeter from start to finish, and the scoreline certainly did not flatter them, in fact it should have been more.

Bignot clearly has no idea about formations, tactics or anything else for that matter.  He rambles on about Solihull ( wish he was still there ) like he is still in charge of them.  Who cares that he did a bit of admin for them !!!  He is quite simply a YES man brought in by Fenty to say all the right things, and he is quickly becoming no more than a PR man for the club.  I don't think he will last long at this club, because he simply is not up to managing a club in the football league.  We were second best all over the park today and our players looked weak and unfit compared to their counterparts.  I expect the crowd to dip by a 1,000 next week, because who the hell is going to part with good money in freezing cold weather to watch that pitiful display.

Pure and utter rubbish, no more to be said.  Expect a wedge a red crosses but hey who cares, anyone that went today could not pick one positive aspect out of that display.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantley
January 14, 2017, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Cool story bro

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
coddy60
January 14, 2017, 7:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Very few times eh?
Clearly youve erased most of the last 13 years from your memory then....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
BottesfordMariner
January 14, 2017, 7:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Your'e entitled to your opinion fella.

But for me (and this is my opinion)  its another example of the over the top reactions I have come to expect on this forum after every single game. Occasionally  positive after a win when we are going to win the league and then how much we are the biggest load of shite after a defeat.

Anyone who was there today will know it was not good enough today. The manager knows it, the players know it and the fans know it. We offered very little threat going forward today. It was a bad day at the office. (though bear in mind we were playing the team with the best away record in league today..just a thought)

But we are still in mid table....nearer the play offs than relegation. After 6 years of non league i will take that right now. Today was bump in the road...there's been a few this year (as well as some good days) and no doubt there will be more along the way. Its not like we are bottom of the league and staring into the abyss. kinnel we could be in York City's position.

Bignot has made the step up to League 2 like most of the players. He has inherited a solid team but one he clearly feels he needs to improve so he can get them playing the way he wants. It's too soon to start demanding for the managers head on a stick.

Hopefully he can get another couple of new faces in during this window and no doubt he will have thoughts on players in and outs during the summer. Once he has put his mark on the squad that will be the time to review how we have progressed (or not) and how Bignot is doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
LH
January 14, 2017, 7:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Alright it was pretty bad but amongst the worst you've ever seen? Really? Did you go to games in 08/09-09/10?

Those last few results will have raised a few people's expectations - some maybe a bit too high. Exeter are the best away side in the league and we are shite at home.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
grimsby pete
January 14, 2017, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
We have had some good victories this season and some terrible losses ,

We are an average L2 side and need some new players to take us to the next level,

BUT

Having said that any professional footballer should be capable of passing the ball,

Forget this one and get behind the team next week and you never know we might just win 3-0.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Grimal
January 14, 2017, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
There's very few times in my 40 plus years of supporting Town that I have felt ashamed  of my team but today sadly was one of those times.  We were gutless, clueless, hapless and a complete and utter shambles.  We had no tactics, no formation and clearly no idea.  We were terrified oF Exeter from start to finish, and the scoreline certainly did not flatter them, in fact it should have been more.

Bignot clearly has no idea about formations, tactics or anything else for that matter.  He rambles on about Solihull ( wish he was still there ) like he is still in charge of them.  Who cares that he did a bit of admin for them !!!  He is quite simply a YES man brought in by Fenty to say all the right things, and he is quickly becoming no more than a PR man for the club.  I don't think he will last long at this club, because he simply is not up to managing a club in the football league.  We were second best all over the park today and our players looked weak and unfit compared to their counterparts.  I expect the crowd to dip by a 1,000 next week, because who the hell is going to part with good money in freezing cold weather to watch that pitiful display.

Pure and utter rubbish, no more to be said.  Expect a wedge a red crosses but hey who cares, anyone that went today could not pick one positive aspect out of that display.

UTM

I can pick a positive, Gunning looks an excellent aquisition judging on the 45 minutes he played.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Grim74
January 14, 2017, 7:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
He's right about the crowds though some of the kids there won't want to go again.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
LH
January 14, 2017, 7:58pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
A kid behind me today was playing on his ipad all game. I would go on about everything that's wrong with that but at some other kids go free games I've had kids kicking my back all game so it was alright.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Garth
January 14, 2017, 8:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
We are not good enough yet to be consistent with positive results, we were poor but gifted the best away form team in the league ATM two goals and took an age to get from our half into there`s.
We require a couple or three players of a different ilk to help out,  today apart,  our position in the league and results over Christmas suggest we are not far away from a decent team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disgrace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.