3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2017, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
All injured or now deemed surplus to requirements?
Private Message
Stew0_0
January 14, 2017, 7:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Like gowling but he's out of his depth at this level. Summerfield and berrett have shown why they came from a relegated side. Jackson has no end product so would send him back to barnsley. York are struggling and need players so loan the other 3 to them till end of season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Mariner_09
January 14, 2017, 11:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I think there's been a row with Gowling, it's suspicious that Gunning suddenly signs and then he's completely dropped.

Berrett and Summerfield can do a job for me but Jackson isn't good enough for me, too lightweight and shot of confidence at the moment to boot.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
oldun
January 15, 2017, 10:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Marcus has said he was interested in Gunning but did not expect him to be available until the summer. Having got him he is going to play him so we now have 5 recognised centre halves and only 3 max can play. It is the way it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 15, 2017, 3:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Mariner_09
I think there's been a row with Gowling, it's suspicious that Gunning suddenly signs and then he's completely dropped.

Berrett and Summerfield can do a job for me but Jackson isn't good enough for me, too lightweight and shot of confidence at the moment to boot.

According to radio humbs Gowling in injured, Summerfield can be a reasonable squad player & regrettably the only job I would give Berrett would be one which meant he never played for the first team again, harsh maybe but has proved a very poor signing and this will probably be demonstrated by the fact that no other team will want to take him off us when he is made available either this month or in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Kris2
January 15, 2017, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Summerfield when he wants to can play well he just doesn't do it often enough and makes too many errors with losing the ball. Would probably be a really good player in non league. Berrett has a couple of okay performances but don't see anything in him really not even sure what his role is and he's probably not either.

Jackson should be sent back looks like he needs to spend the rest of the season in reserves football to get his confidence back. Has raw attributes but that's not enough, plenty of young players have that and very few make it at league level. Barnsley will probably figure out that he's not good enough for them and he'll end up a couple of leagues down again.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
chaos33
January 15, 2017, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I think the harsh reality is that there are probably more than half a dozen (and maybe as many as 10) members of the squad who are not good enough to take us to the next level, or, at least, good enough for a L2 side with genuine promotion/play off credentials. Don't think it's fair  to name them, and it's obviously just an opinion anyway. Most of our squad are good enough for a L2 squad with survival as it's objective, just about. We are patently lacking in players of good technical ability, especially attacking players.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
ginnywings
January 15, 2017, 6:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33
I think the harsh reality is that there are probably more than half a dozen (and maybe as many as 10) members of the squad who are not good enough to take us to the next level, or, at least, good enough for a L2 side with genuine promotion/play off credentials. Don't think it's fair  to name them, and it's obviously just an opinion anyway. Most of our squad are good enough for a L2 squad with survival as it's objective, just about. We are patently lacking in players of good technical ability, especially attacking players.

Agree entirely and we are about where i expected us to be. Think Hurst and the board's priority was survival and build from there. Bignot has come in and has already started the building bit off the pitch with the backroom staff. He now wants to change the playing staff and go in a different direction to the way Hurst wanted to play but he has also said that the first priority is to be in this league next season. I hope Bignot spends as long here as PH did, because that will mean he has done a good job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
VinnyGTFC
January 15, 2017, 7:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
I  sat in the Main Stand for Portsmouth and Bignot kept shouting at Danny Andrew to sort out Gowings positioning and he was right. Has hardly played since so tells you what you need to know.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Grimbiggs
January 15, 2017, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
None of the above mentioned are good enough for league 2....as a last resort Summerfield would be a squad player. The rest together with Boyce, should be loaned out, unfortunately the same probably applies to Venney, although from what i've seen of him he should of at least been given a chance, couldn't of done any worse than our current creative midfielders!. When match fit, from the glimpses i saw yesterday, Gunning also looks a natural partner for Collins, as he looks very assured on the ball. Marcus suggested that the any money used from a Bogle transfer, would be used to improve the infrastrature of the club, which would be a move in the right direction, as this has been severly lacking in recent years. This squad whilst huge in quantity, is lacking in any really quality....apart from Vose, what other midfielders can open up defences?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gowling, Jackson, Summerfield & Berrett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.