January 16, 2017, 11:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from AussieMariner

Certainly hope so - I'm just suggesting a plan B
Oh sorry, forgot, we don't have those do we?

MB seems to have a plan A B C and D if the last few weeks is anything to go by. The system and personnel had changed almost weekly until the last few games when we looked to have found something that was working. Unfortunately, a very good counter attacking side, full of confidence, picked apart that system ruthlessly. I'm sure all will become clear in the fullness of time, with the addition of players more suited to what MB wants.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
AussieMariner
January 16, 2017, 12:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Fair enough Maringer but my gut feel is that Gunning is a class above
If you listen to his interview it's also pretty clear that we're just a stepping stone for him back into the English game
Yes we need pace, but the pace we really need in the middle is between the ears rather than in the legs and Gunning may just provide that
My point is that he's going to use us, and it's probably a short term relationship, so why not apply his attributes (confidence, class, intelligence) in the area we need it most?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gowling, Jackson, Summerfield & Berrett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.