MuddyWaters
January 15, 2017, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chicaneuk
That definitely went a bit sour and bad tempered... weird... I guess the pressure is already getting to Bignot But JT does come across as a bit stand-offish and awkward with how he asks his questions which doesn't help. I think Marcus probably wants a bit of banter and I don't think JT is that kind of guy.

I don't think anyone should have wanted 'a bit of banter' after that shower of shite. Didn't he notice how many were left by the end? (PS I only know that not many were left because I was back in the car and JT mentioned it!)
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
ginnywings
January 15, 2017, 12:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Does it really matter? Last week he was a tactical genius and we were heading for the play offs but because we got our ar$es handed to us he is now disrespectful and out of his depth. The extremes of opinion from one week to the next is really quite funny to read. We are a mid table team that will win a few, lose a few and draw a few. Sometimes we will exceed expectations and sometimes we will be put in our place on the pitch. The man is clearly frustrated and has a lot more expectation on his shoulders than he is used to. What he said was correct but some obviously don't want to hear it and think it may upset the players. I don't care about that either as a good proportion of them are not good enough to take us to the next level and probably won't be around for much longer. If this kind of result and reaction is still around this time next season, then yes, have a pop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 12:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings
Does it really matter? Last week he was a tactical genius and we were heading for the play offs but because we got our ar$es handed to us he is now disrespectful and out of his depth. The extremes of opinion from one week to the next is really quite funny to read. We are a mid table team that will win a few, lose a few and draw a few. Sometimes we will exceed expectations and sometimes we will be put in our place on the pitch. The man is clearly frustrated and has a lot more expectation on his shoulders than he is used to. What he said was correct but some obviously don't want to hear it and think it may upset the players. I don't care about that either as a good proportion of them are not good enough to take us to the next level and probably won't be around for much longer. If this kind of result and reaction is still around this time next season, then yes, have a pop.

Sadly as much as people may not like it these days there is an expectation that managers "front up" (I hate that term) in the media after a game which is a product of 24/7 football. Regardless of who the manager was this season mixed results where always going to happen as we have just got back into the FL after what felt like a millennium in non league.    

This was a poor piece of broadcasting but as I said above it was down to both parties Marcus is still learning the sound byte bit of the job at this level but actually as an experienced broadcaster JT has done better in the past.

Whilst in the car my dad thought MB came across as a bit of a "smart bottom" and "needed to remember he was representing Town on the radio" again another opinion of a paying supporter.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
chaos33
January 15, 2017, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Good post Ginny.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
oldun
January 15, 2017, 1:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from chicaneuk
That definitely went a bit sour and bad tempered... weird... I guess the pressure is already getting to Bignot But JT does come across as a bit stand-offish and awkward with how he asks his questions which doesn't help. I think Marcus probably wants a bit of banter and I don't think JT is that kind of guy.

I don't think it was bad tempered but Marcus threw JT when he answered a question with a question. JT was then put off somewhat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
Garth
January 15, 2017, 1:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from oldun

I don't think it was bad tempered but Marcus threw JT when he answered a question with a question. JT was then put off somewhat.

Its MB`s job to answer questions and JT`s job to ask them, not the other way round, have you ever heard it from any manager anywhere before I have`nt, JT should have blown him out of the water saying, Your the manager why are your tactics failing at home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 1:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Its MB`s job to answer questions and JT`s job to ask them, not the other way round, have you ever heard it from any manager anywhere before I have`nt, JT should have blown him out of the water saying, Your the manager why are your tactics failing at home

GTFC like other clubs in the region have a very comfortable relationship with the radio & printed media and have had for years, as much as I loathe his style Dave Burns is the only one who asks anything like a challenging question.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
jonnyboy82
January 15, 2017, 1:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings

We were just hammered 3-0 at home in a very poor performance on top of that he gave a very poor post match interview in which he tries to be biggy big balls and claim we lost the match due to Exeter having 10 men behind the ball so again as much as some agree disagree or sit on the fence then yesterday will always be a talking point in one way or another at any club.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
Madeleymariner
January 15, 2017, 1:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Garth

Ive heard many managers reply with a question Wenger, Mourinho, Conti, Hurst, Warnock etc. Good way of deflecting  things and putting the interviewer off his stride, standard technique for managers salemen and general business practice

Also he was fairly honest saying how they have meaning we dont have box to box midfielders hence why he is looking at players like Osborne who from reports arer this type of player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2017, 2:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Ive heard many managers reply with a question Wenger, Mourinho, Conti, Hurst, Warnock etc. Good way of deflecting  things and putting the interviewer off his stride, standard technique for managers salemen and general business practice

Also he was fairly honest saying how they have meaning we dont have box to box midfielders hence why he is looking at players like Osborne who from reports arer this type of player

Is it a "good way" ? some would say it's quite rude but Conti apart (he may do it I've just never seen it) is par for the course for the ones you mention above. I am an experienced senior manager who has worked in sales, commerce and with clinical professionals  where answering a question with a question is considered unprofessional and not general business practice if you ant to remain credible in your field...................The Apprentice does not represent real life.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.