9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
January 14, 2017, 7:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
He should have shown more class to him. However, it is clear that he is frustrated after what was a terrible performance. And I think a lot of what he says is right, that we don't have good enough players at the minute, and that is clearly frustrating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 86
pizzzza
January 14, 2017, 7:18pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Cringing listening to that, poor from MB.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
monkeyboy
January 14, 2017, 7:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
He has came across like a complete tool to JT and sounds like hes pretty angry at the players, basically sounds to me that he knows he is stuck with players he will struggle to offload on long contracts who are far from good enough.

Bit naughty with JT though and sounded a tad childish were he should be professional.
I think he will do a good job and eventually get rid of some drift wood and bring in who he wants.

Not sure why our club can ever get PR right , for years it seems to hav been a struggle with most of the managers and even the not so called Chairman being poor with the media, time to get some training for it i reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
TAGG
January 14, 2017, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Like I have said before on here (got load of excrement for it) before MB is full of excrement half the time.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
promotion plaice
January 14, 2017, 7:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Just listened to it, don't know what all the fuss is about I thought Bignot talked sense.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
mariner91
January 14, 2017, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
I thought it was a slightly churlish interview but equally I can kind of see where he's coming from. He's frustrated at what he's having to work with and it's boiled over and he's taken it out on JT. He shouldn't have done this but it happens, even Pep Guardiola was a bit of a twit the other week.

3-5-2 has worked away from home where teams are going to come at us because it has made us very solid. But as has rightly been pointed out, we're going to struggle to be creative in this formation at home where teams are happy to sit back. Particularly when 6 of the outfield 10 are defenders. Our centre midfielder today consisted of a young lad who's great at breaking up play but doesn't offer much going forward, a young player who was most recently a right back in the National League North and an ageing skipper who whilst still capable has never been best known for his passing ability. This isn't to have a go at the players as individuals, it just shows that we're so light in the middle of the pitch because the other options are worse. Except maybe McAllister and hopefully he'll be back in soon.

Equally, switching to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 at home hasn't worked all season. Who would you put out wide to get behind the opposition? To run at them and put balls in to dangerous areas consistently? The options are Jackson who is lightweight, lacking a football brain and confidence and seems unwilling to use his only attribute which is pace. Chambers works very hard and can do a job but IMO there's a reason most of the teams he's played in have been towards the foot of L2 because he doesn't offer anywhere near enough going forward. Bolarinwa is very raw and I'm convinced he's a better impact sub. He's another without much of a football brain, half the time you can see him having to stop and think what to do with it when he receives it. Great option off the bench IMO but not consistently good enough to start. Another option would be to put Vose or Berrett or another player out of position but we know how well that works out. We just do not have the players capable of playing in a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 at present. But it also makes it difficult to change things from the bench. Our only striking option was Vernon and does anyone honestly reckon he'd have made a difference?

The pursuit of players like Osborne, Jones, Maxwell and Asante is a good sign because it at least shows that Bignot recognises the shortcomings of the team and what needs to be sorted out ASAP. Once he's got a few players in of his own that he knows can play to a way that he likes then hopefully performances will improve along with results. He deserves the time to get players in he wants before he can be properly judged. I admit that I'm slightly cautious about the future under Bignot currently but we're mid-table, have a pretty good away record and I'd be highly surprised if we end up in a relegation fight so there's no need to panic right now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
big al
January 14, 2017, 8:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
We all get that MB is infinitely more important than JT in how Town operate and hopefully win games but that was a very ill judged interview by Bignot in my opinion. Acted like a big kid who already thinks he's earned the right to not be questioned or doubted. Doesn't serve you well to have a pop at a man who has earned his stripes over a very long time now with Town. Think he's got a future with us but a little too big for his boots on this occasion (we'd just lost 3 nil). A little more humility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 86
TownSNAFU5
January 14, 2017, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
His comments were immature and showed that he has a bigger ego than most. Not the first poor post-match interview.  After hurst's dull interviews, I was hoping for something better and more honesty about performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
ginnywings
January 14, 2017, 8:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Clearly frustrated and ar$ey after the home wupping and JT didn't help by also seeing his ar$e and ending the interview promptly. I don't care really what MB says after the game, as long as his team does the biz on the pitch and we won't know that until he has had much more time this season and next. Hurst has left us with many mediocre, defensive minded players and all the midfield are much of a muchness. The wide players are not good enough or clever enough or both. Hurst never got us playing well at home and he's left the same kind of solid but uninspiring types behind for MB to work with. Sorry if i mention the previous incumbent again but his legacy lives on in that team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 86
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2017, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Hmmm........... for someone who clearly enjoys the "sound byte" part of the job he showed a real lack of professionalism and answering questions with questions is dare I say it a bit disrespectful to JT who is a journo/presenter who cares about GTFC.

Some stuff that stood out,

- He's talking a lot publically about improving the group but if you are part of the group how does that make you feel, he needs to keep this off air now.

- Talked about the need for players with better skill and physicality etc...which we all know is right and that the current squad has stepped up but the 3 lads we are looking at from the N:L will also have to make that jump so will they offer an instant impact?

- His response about the 3rd goal scorer "do you knew how much they have been offered for him" was really defensive.

- Correct, in the second half they got men behind the ball when it went to 1 - 0 but at 3.50pm today so far undiscovered tribes in South America would have know this might happen but we appeared not to do anything about it.    

I don't know what t make of this guy when interviewed as even at this early stage he is talking in riddles.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.