Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Just Back (merged)

This thread currently has 11,387 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
January 14, 2017, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Exactly what I was thinking DNmariner when she was saying these things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
chaos33
January 14, 2017, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Davec
Well that was very poor

Stupid formation which quite clearly doesn't work for home games, and with 6 defenders playing at home, you can understand why we created intercourse all, not because the opposition had 10 men behind the ball Marcus, it was because you set up with 6 defenders at home,

Very slow today, very pedestrianised and considering Bignot said there would be lots of shots and Crosses, well no there isn't, especially not at home, central midfield continues to frustrate, Disley wasn't a yard off the pace today, he was 1 mile off the pace, him and Davies 2nd half got completely walked all over, more so when Comley came off.

Very poor form from James Mckeown's other half, she was sat 2 rows behind me and when the first went in she started shouting out and clapping "we need Macca" when somebody asked who she was, she identified herself with as "Mckeown's other half" she then started to criticize Henderson at everything and when they made it 2-0 she said "my James would have saved those because he's a far superior keeper to that manc" she then copulated off a few minutes later.

Have you made that up?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
Davec
January 14, 2017, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
No I haven't
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
Davec
January 14, 2017, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
I sit N81 in the main stand, and she was 2 rows behind me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
LH
January 14, 2017, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
His Mrs has just rubbished those claims on Twitter. [tweet]820362648541888512[/tweet]
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
Grantley
January 14, 2017, 8:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Aaron confirmed.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
Pontooner
January 14, 2017, 8:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +186
Really poor today. Think that's the slowest I've seen us move the ball around this season. Apart from a few early crosses into their box, we created virtually nothing and faded pretty quickly. No effective width (although Andrew did his best) and we lost the battle in the middle.

In his interview today MB again stated that L2 is a step up and that some of the current players are basically not up to it. Yet it looks like his plan is to bring in National League players, some of whom will be jumping two levels very quickly.

Really hope he gets the players he wants and that they do improve us. But I think it's quite a gamble as it'll soon be a team largely of his design and he'll be judged accordingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
moosey_club
January 14, 2017, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
well....dont mind admitting that for the majority of the first half i was half happy.....recently we have struggled with possession and for the majority of the first half i thought we retained the ball better than of late, admittedly we didnt threaten too much with it but Comley and the back three seemed comfortable to take it off Henderson...unfortunately it didnt progress much from there....no penetration from the central midfield and very little from wide but thats from the players selected rather than the formation. Still flashed a few crosses in early on, Boyce and Pearson probably should have done better on a couple of occasions.
Unfortunately today Dis and Davies both looked slow and way off what we need.
Bogle and Yussuf played miles apart from each other, one link up in their time on the pitch, Yussuf gave away too many stupid fouls and Omar is looking like mid season Omar from last year.... a frustrated individual.
The subs MB made.... Yussuf was just stopping our own pressure from building by fouling the opposition needlessly and offering nothing, Comley off for Vose ...understand Vose on but would have hooked Disley personally as Comley was the main midfielder coming to look for the ball....Pearson off , suprised by that one but then new fella certainly picked out a couple of non standard passes..... however...lost to a scrappy first goal from a set piece, then gifted them a second which killed the game and the players confidence and then caught out trying to chase the game....massively disappointing result.....so need that midfield dynamo/ creator.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Grantley
January 14, 2017, 8:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
I enjoyed Henderson throwing the ball to the defenders... for about half an hour. It became needless and predictable when Exeter figured that out, they began to close us down and we started giving up the ball. Change it up a bit ffs.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
TownSNAFU5
January 14, 2017, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Bignot gave the worst performance of the day.

Exeter were everything I wanted us to be today.  Henderson kept the score down.  At 0-2 they still had more running in them than we had.  They had a break-away at 0-2 with 2 on 1, strong running from their 2 players.  We were slow to see the obvious danger, and then a defender ran back at half-pace.  That should have been 3-0.

We were slow in thought and deed.  They were the opposite.  Scored a very good third goal that was a just reward for their efforts and the travelling fans.

A key issue at home this season is our self-destruction.  We have given teams 2 pens, an og, Macca's dreadful error, 2 suicidal defensive passes and Summerfield's own style of aweful passes.  Bar the latter, all the other errors have led directly to away goals.  Macca's was just before HT and today's error killed the game.

We need to be more ruthless at home, as a starter, and not so generous to opponents.  Christmas is over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.