5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
January 16, 2017, 7:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've got a feeling there'll be at least two or three changes for next Saturday. He showed faith with the side that got a great results at Carlisle and Hartlepool and that decision blew up in his face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
ginnywings
January 16, 2017, 7:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Surely the problem is that he hasn't got the players to play the way he wants to, which is why they ended  at 3-5-2 with lots of defenders in the team. We simply haven't got the forward thinking players of sufficient skill levels to do anything other than play the way we are doing. It has brought a bit of success but Exeter exposed our deficiences because they were smarter and quicker than us, just as they have been at many away grounds this season. At home when we have more of the ball and are expected to attack, the shortcomings in the team are ruthlessly exposed. It's a lot simpler to go away from home, sit back and let the opposition try to break you down. We have done to Carlisle and Plymouth what Exeter did to us. I wouldn't think that we'd be playing 3-5-2 if we had skillful wingers and creative midfielders and i don't think that is MB's preferred way of playing. It's currently the best of the bad options is my take on it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lack of entertainment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.