ginnywings
January 14, 2017, 6:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from psgmariner
It is very boring watching Town at home to be fair.

Agreed and it has been for some time now. As a fan, we keep turning up and hoping things will change but we haven't got the players with the ability to break down the opposition. As soon as the first went in, it was an uphill struggle because they could just sit back and soak up the paltry attempts we made to break them down. If we get the first goal, it's a different game but we very rarely do and we don't do comebacks because we haven't got the quality. We are relying on 2 full backs to create something, as there is nothing else across the middle to stretch the opposition. We can't pull teams out of shape with all those defensive players in the side. We need players that can get behind the opposition and until we do, we will continue to struggle at home. The home form of Exeter is even worse than ours but they looked very good today and their team suits away games, much as ours does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
golfer
January 14, 2017, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Where are all these good games a lot of you keep going on about. half the good results have been bad games and todays was even worse than the second half at Hartlepools. We are not all doom and gloomists but realists. We are seemingly getting worse-Bignot is trying different players in different positions to try to sort out our shockingly inadequate midfield but to no avail-the players he inherited are just not good enough and he knows it I hope and hope and hope that we are successful in getting the players he is after and hope they will be as good as the new defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
AndyGTFC
January 14, 2017, 6:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
He's pretty much right, don't know why people are having a go. We're in a good position, there's no disputing that, but that doesn't mean we're not both excrement and boring to watch at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
wigworld
January 14, 2017, 7:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Personally I'm finding the football a lot more entertaining than last season- even when we lose.
Have you forgotten all those all those 0-0 or 0-1 results at home against Nuneaton, Guisely and the like?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 41
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2017, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from wigworld
Personally I'm finding the football a lot more entertaining than last season- even when we lose.
Have you forgotten all those all those 0-0 or 0-1 results at home against Nuneaton, Guisely and the like?

Till today, yes.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
ginnywings
January 14, 2017, 8:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from wigworld

At least Exeter were entertaing and their third goal was worth the entrance fee. I clapped the teams off at the end but my thoughts were that the applause were more for the opposition than ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
January 14, 2017, 9:00pm
Guest User
When MB was first appointed didn't the majority of you sign a pact that you can't moan about him until the end of the season? or something along those lines?
Reply: 16 - 41
I Hate Chris Hollins
January 14, 2017, 9:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted Text
Enough is enough!! I can't help myself any longer! Week after week I go watch town, waiting to be entertained. One game this season I have had this fulfilled (Stevenage). Other than that it's been absolutely appalling. Week in week out of non entertainment. The manager can talk the good game but for sure we can not deliver!! There's only so much people can take until the crowds will dwindle. Today's performance was up there with one of the worst, not one proper chance and certainly no prolonged pressure of any kind. The formation and tactics just don't work, especially at home where we supposed to be the team that force the game to the opposition. I like any town fan want the team and manager to do well but I also pay good money to be entertained!!! That I am definitely not being!!! And at the end of the day that is what we supposed to be!!!

I've got some nipple tassels if you need to spice up your life a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2017, 9:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Garth
Every team in what ever league has a bad day at the office, today was ours

Agree but the BP office this season has seen too many bad days.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2017, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings

At least Exeter were entertaing and their third goal was worth the entrance fee. I clapped the teams off at the end but my thoughts were that the applause were more for the opposition than ourselves.

I thought they where excellent all day and the experience of their manager in the way they came and played stood out. A lot of clubs should learn from them as many would have been sacking Tisdale after their start but everybody pulled together set their sights forward and held their nerve...............is there a lesson there I wonder?

On top of the team the fans where also top class and considering came in numbers considering the journey.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lack of entertainment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.